Is a $30 projector worth it?

Solution
Specs for that projector show is does support 1080p, but given that it's native resolution is 800x480, I'm guessing it downscales a 1080p input via it's HDMI input.

$30 for a 130" screen probably is pretty good (probably too good), but even for that low price, I'd want to test it out first and check the bulb usage (how many hours in use). $30 for the projector is fine for most. $250+ for a replacement bulb on the other hand...

-Wolf sends

Yo_ehh

Prominent
Jul 17, 2017

Yeah im aware, someone is selling me this for 30$ he said it had a 1080p resolution and im just saying that it has 1800 lumens since i know others have 1500.

captaincharisma

Distinguished

if someone is selling you this make sure you look at the projector before buying it. some cheap projectors only have RCA inputs

Specs for that projector show is does support 1080p, but given that it's native resolution is 800x480, I'm guessing it downscales a 1080p input via it's HDMI input.

$30 for a 130" screen probably is pretty good (probably too good), but even for that low price, I'd want to test it out first and check the bulb usage (how many hours in use). $30 for the projector is fine for most. $250+ for a replacement bulb on the other hand...

-Wolf sends

Solution