Is Bethesda Working on a Fallout TV Show?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarzan2001

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2009
I'd definitely watch a Fallout show! I really enjoyed Fallout 3, thought I haven't played Fallout: New Vegas yet. CGI animation has improved quite a bit in recent years, and would probably be a good fit for the Fallout world. I personally like Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Transformers Prime. Both are done very well. Tron: Uprising is also has very nice visuals with its combination of traditional animation and CGI.

shikamaru31789

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012
I'd definitely enjoy a Fallout tv show, but that tweet had gotten my hopes up about Fallout 4. All the speculation about it being a launch title for the NextBox and PS4 had me very excited. Well, at least Fallout 4 rumors existed long before the tweet, so there's still a chance we'll get it this year.

D

Deleted member 217926

If it was done right and rated R or TV MA then it could be good. I'd love for HBO or Showtime to pick this up.

abbadon_34

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2008
+1 anort3. I'm skeptical they would make true to the series, network tv would kill it, and even Walking Dead style wouldn't do it justice. Only HBO, Showtime, or STARZ would do it justice. I love Fallout, and I'd rather they do nothing than ruin it with a family friendly PG13 version, and boring drawnout dramas of character devolepement and forced social issues (nuclear war in the 1950's is enough for me).

G

This article contains some factual inaccuracies. The Fallout mar was registered for TV purposes in 2009.

As Bethesda chose not to use it for those purposes, they renewed it the maximum permitted 5 times.

The existing Trademark is due to expire. Beth had 3 choices - use it, lose it, theregister it.

Ultimately this is not news - it is Bethesda maintaining the status quo. It would be news only if they submitted a certificate confirming use.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Agent_c/Fallout_re-trademarked_for_a_TV_series%3F

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
Probably would not watch. I only have so much time for entertainment, and I'd much rather creep around the wasteland than watch someone else do it.

hoofhearted

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2004
They should spend more time worrying about getting the Dragonborn DLC out for the PC and less time on this. After all, the Xbox exclusivity date has passed.

G

If there ever was a Fallout TV show, I would watch it if it was live action. If it is CGI, or animation (pretty much all CGI these days), I wouldn't even give it a second look.

RipperjackAU

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
I'd watch the show, so long as it doesn't have Felicia Day in it. I've seen enough of that wannabe girl geek, media tart, in enough rubbish, as it is!

xpeh

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
[citation][nom]smuggl3r[/nom]I would love a Fallout TV show. But please don't make it an anime. Most of the Fallout fans are not kids.[/citation]

Anime isn't only for kids, and neither are cartoons. Actually, I'd say that more anime has adults as their target audience. I'd still prefer that Fallout be a live action TV series.

bllue

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012
If you've seen Nuka Break series by Wayside Productions you can see a Fallout TV show can be possible if done right. Nuka Break adds comedic touches to the post-apocalyptic world and I think humor is necessary to have in a Fallout TV show because the Fallout games do have quite a bit of humor in them (Wild Wasteland for example). A gruesome, post-apocalyptic world with memorable characters and humor thrown would be perfect.

ithurtswhenipee

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
[citation][nom]abbadon_34[/nom]+1 anort3. I'm skeptical they would make true to the series, network tv would kill it, and even Walking Dead style wouldn't do it justice. Only HBO, Showtime, or STARZ would do it justice. I love Fallout, and I'd rather they do nothing than ruin it with a family friendly PG13 version, and boring drawnout dramas of character devolepement and forced social issues (nuclear war in the 1950's is enough for me).[/citation]

I think it would be wiser for them to produce a feature length movie first. Then based on the success of that release, move to a television series. The thing about a tv series is that there would need to be boring dramatic character development in order to keep people watching. If you just wanted an action narrative of someone getting out of a vault an getting to some objective in the post nuclear environment, than a movie would be sufficient.

_Cubase_

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009
Ever since seeing Book of Eli I have wanted to see a fallout style universe on TV. If it is done as well as the Walking Dead series I'M IN!!!!

Cy-Kill

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
[citation][nom]smuggl3r[/nom]I would love a Fallout TV show. But please don't make it an anime. Most of the Fallout fans are not kids.[/citation]

It's obvious you know nothing about anime, or even watch any, because there's tonnes of anime that isn't for kids!

Status
Not open for further replies.