Is chrome os good?

jeffrey1999

Estimable
Aug 4, 2014
I currently have an acer laptop with windows 10. I am a student at a creative arts school and i take my laptop quite a lot with me to school and it is a little bit heavy. I was thinking of a getting an Acer chromebook 14 since it has a a aluminium build and quite thin and light. I use photoshop (I don't use it to the extreme only for some assignents but i can also work on school computers) at my school and was also wondering if chrome os is good enough?

Solution
Chrome OS is a basically a browser operating system that is a derivative of Linux OS. It is absolutely not compatible with programs designed for Windows. In fact short of installing browser apps, you cannot install any type of program in Chrome OS, not even something simple like printer drivers; which do not exist for Chrome OS. An internet connection is actually required to print documents and the printer itself must a networked / wireless printer that is connected to the internet to receive the document electronically.

Chrome OS is a basically a browser operating system that is a derivative of Linux OS. It is absolutely not compatible with programs designed for Windows. In fact short of installing browser apps, you cannot install any type of program in Chrome OS, not even something simple like printer drivers; which do not exist for Chrome OS. An internet connection is actually required to print documents and the printer itself must a networked / wireless printer that is connected to the internet to receive the document electronically.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS