Is ComboFix supported by Win10?

Nicholberry

Commendable
Nov 9, 2016
I've been using your "removing malware-Apps General Discussion" and was going to follow suggested step #2 to download ComboFix, but it doesn't reference that Win10 is supported. It is specific, however, that Win 8.1 isn't, so I'm also assuming that's the case with Win10.

LiquidEternity

Commendable
Jan 2, 2017
Hey Nicholberry,

It can only run on these OS:

Windows XP (32-bit only)
Windows Vista (32-bit/64-bit)
Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit)
Windows 8 (32-bit/64-bit)

If you are looking for a good malware remover, I would recommend the combination of Hitman Pro and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. They also both have a good support team if you have any questions.

:)

- LE

LiquidEternity

Commendable
Jan 2, 2017
Checked out some reviews and did a little research on HerdProtect as I have not heard of it. I can happily say it is now in my AV arsenal.

Definitely would recommend it, it has the 68 AV engines but also it has its own false positive detector, decent scanning times (depending on your PC, but from what I have seen no one has a problem with the speed) and a great plus is its FREE :p Only downside is like Hitman Pro it is an online scanner so to perform scans you need to have an internet connection.

Note: For people reading, just to be clear it is only a scanner though. Real time protection is still an important part of AV. (Unless of course you are a diligent person with your PC and have the skills yourself to erase malware, viruses, etc.)