is getting the msi ge62 6qc a decent choice?

articqid

Estimable
Jan 4, 2016
hi guys..been trying to make some choices n kinda gone through some corcerns..i would like to get the msi ge62 6qc vrsion :
details
intel i7 6700 + hm170
windows 10
nvidia gtx 960m 2gb ddr5
1tb hdd 7200rpm ram 8gb ddr4
PCI-E gen3 ssd(1 slot option)
n some msi features :
cooler boost 3,killer shield etc

im a student n will usually work with designing tools n video editing also im a gamer..can u guys give some opinions,pro n cons, n mybe suggest other lptop...
p/s:can explain detail bout pci-e ssd n wht its fnction

Solution

hello there i am a proud owner of a MSI GE-62-apache now im not sure what is different from your version compared to mine other than the video card i have a 965m 2gb card and i have 16gb of ram i also have 2 m.2 SSD...
Good choice. I'd get it.

PCI-E SSD or M.2/msata SSD in note books is basically a ultra small Solid State Drive that fits in the tiny M.2 slot in your notebook, it's also extremely fast because it uses PCI Express and not Serial ATA (SATA).

articqid

Estimable
Jan 4, 2016
so it is just like the nrmal ssd which i comes in 128gb ,256gb vrsion etc..meaning tht i can upgrde the original pci-e ssd?with lptop can u tell a bit bout the cons of it coz ive been cmparing it with asus rog501 vrsion n cant tell which ones better..also im willing to upgrde my ssd n i dnt know tht the asus has the slot..

Yep, that's right.

The G501 is also a good laptop, it's really all about manufacturer, do you like the features of one or the other.

psycrow395

Honorable
Feb 13, 2012

hello there i am a proud owner of a MSI GE-62-apache now im not sure what is different from your version compared to mine other than the video card i have a 965m 2gb card and i have 16gb of ram i also have 2 m.2 SSD installed plus my 2.5inch 1tb storage drive i can play all games on medium settings with no problems certain games can be played on high but i do notice higher heat output when doing soo i stick to playing my games on medium to low i besides i didnt buy this laptop to ply games on high or ultra all the time i have a custom built desktop for high or ultra settings i have had my MSI since about june of 2015 and i love it best choice i ever made it handles photoshop really well and adobe premiere pro well i have never tried any 3d modeling programs with it but everything else works great. now as the other guy said M.2 is a new form of an SSD drive and most people put there Operating System on this type of drive for faster boot up and operation of the Operating System. to further explain them they can use the sata bus and PCI-E bus and sometimes both at the same time i think they are faster than a normal 2.5inch SSD plus like in my laptop i can support up to 3 of them and i can raid them together if i want and have 1 larger capacity super fast SSD or have 3 smaller capacity SSD's and use them for different stuff and still have a regular 5400rpm 1tb storage drive to keep all my files on anyways hope this helps, have any questions feel free to ask.

Solution