is it good for gaming?

technozombie

Honorable
Dec 18, 2013
I'm wondering if this laptop is good for gaming any comments will help here are the specs.

ncludes Pavilion 17-e186nr laptop, six-cell lithium-ion battery, AC adapter, printer, Office 2013 activation codes with back-up disc, and software suite (ships separately)
•Black, Purple, Blue: receive DJ1055 black printer
•Silver, Red: receive DJ1510 white printer
•2.5GHz AMD Elite quad-core A10-5750M accelerated processor with 4MB L2 cache, up to 3.5GHz
•17.3" diag. HD BrightView LED-backlit display with 1600x900 resolution
•8GB DDR3 SDRAM
•1TB 5400 RPM hard drive with HP ProtectSmart hard drive protection
•SuperMulti DVD burner
•802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi
•AMD Radeon HD 8650G graphics with up to 4206MB total graphics memory
•DTS Sound+
•HP TrueVision HD webcam with mic
•10/100 Base-T ethernet
•SD memory card reader
•Two USB 3.0 ports
•USB 2.0, HDMI, VGA, RJ-45 ports
•Headphone/microphone jack
•Windows 8.1

Solution
looks good enough. just dont expect a lot. you could also most likely find a cheaper laptop that will do the same. just to let you know it could play bf3 (not maxed of course) it most likely can play any game just not on highest settings

the biggest problem with laptops isnt that they are slow or anything. they are slower when compared to desktops of course but its that they are really expensive for what you get. dont expect a $800 desktop from a 800 or even 1300 or maybe 2000 laptop.

lastly are you stuck on this laptop, any reason why you want this one. with $800 you could probably get something with an intel cpu and a lower end nvidia gpu like a 730m or something

chairsgotoschool

Honorable
Oct 6, 2012
looks good enough. just dont expect a lot. you could also most likely find a cheaper laptop that will do the same. just to let you know it could play bf3 (not maxed of course) it most likely can play any game just not on highest settings

the biggest problem with laptops isnt that they are slow or anything. they are slower when compared to desktops of course but its that they are really expensive for what you get. dont expect a $800 desktop from a 800 or even 1300 or maybe 2000 laptop.

lastly are you stuck on this laptop, any reason why you want this one. with $800 you could probably get something with an intel cpu and a lower end nvidia gpu like a 730m or something

Solution

technozombie

Honorable
Dec 18, 2013
I'm getting it mostly for school since it has Microsoft office 2013, so it's entire package is made for a college student, I just was wondering if it could actually play games decently

kaswyn

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
Listen up. TigerDirect has a $1,100+ laptop right now for $800. You cannot find a spec like this anywhere at this price. I DARE YA! Take advantage before you luck out. Reading online, people complain about TigerDirect's shady practices, but I recently bought a $1,350 laptop for $1,050 from them, saving $300. It arrived in exactly one week, new and smokn' fast. The sale only lasted a few days.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8279340&csid=_61
http://acer.us/ac/en/US/content/model-datasheet/NX.M8SAA.003

Intel Core i7-4702MQ 2.20GHz <-- blows away an i5 or A10 you're going to get.
12GB DDR3
500GB HDD
2GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760M <-- SMOKEN' fast over the one you are going to buy!!!
17.3 in. Display
Windows 8 64-Bit

Sure you don't get "free Office 2013" or whatever, but you can always take a computer class in school and get free Microsoft software, including MS Office. At least that's how it was a few years ago. Plus, you can use Open Office. AND... get this, you can get Microsoft Office STARTER version for FREE! I'm not joking. It has limited functionality, but unless you design Excel for 401k and tax functionality, I doubt you'll ever use all the full features.

Don't say I didn't warn you about this deal. Times a'tickn'