Is it Possible to assemble own Custom Laptop ?

VMarshall

Estimable
Sep 13, 2015
Hello, nerds ( just kidding i mean community )
So i have 700$ budget i want to build a custom laptop and my old laptop ASUS X45C is so weak and old.

yesterday my laptop got blackscreen and when i tear the laptop down , i saw the chipset socket was broken . I bring it to Computer Shop and they said it need to reballs cost me 70$ ( I know this thing is not good for long terms use again ) So i decide to fix it and sell it. Let's say it sold for 150$ now i have 850$ budget .

And iam looking to assemble my own custom laptop but not build it from scretch . I think i would buy Alienware Motherboard ( just motherboard without ram , hdd , and processor ) and the Chassis i already checked it on Ebay and really chip i think than i buy the alienware set for 1400$ . So i can upgrade it anytime like PC because i won't buy another laptop and it's broken again .

Do you guys think this is possible to do ?
Sorry for my poor english and grammar.

metalicgeek

Estimable
It is very difficult to build your own laptop using parts gathered from separate sources. If they differ even slightly you may end up with an unusable laptop. You will also need to get additional compatible heat sinks, ensure that you get the right power supply, etc. It is possible if you have tremendous knowledge of the laptop model whose parts you're buying, and if you ensure that all of the parts come from the same localized region, but other than that you must not try it.