Is it possible to use subwoofers with Mackie CR4?

lytheax

Prominent
Sep 22, 2017
Hi,

So I own these speakers and I really like them, even though they're kind of lacking on the bass side. So I wondered if it's possible to use subwoofers with these speakers.

I don't have much experience with audio equipment, so if what I asked is possible, could any of you explain how I can do it too?

Thanks

Solution
Yes you can use a subwoofer.
How you connect the subwoofer varies depending on what audio outputs your source has and what connections the sub has. Some subs have line level inputs and outputs. You might need to split the audio output to connect both or if you have a sub out then the subwoofer would connect to that.
Yes you can use a subwoofer.
How you connect the subwoofer varies depending on what audio outputs your source has and what connections the sub has. Some subs have line level inputs and outputs. You might need to split the audio output to connect both or if you have a sub out then the subwoofer would connect to that.

Solution

abuaniljohn

Prominent
Jul 22, 2017

• Yea quiet possible to use sub with Mackie cr4
    Mackie cr4 with sub is just mind blowing ... I actually had a pair of cheap creative 2.1 speakers so I hooked up it's sub with Mackie to see if it's possible .. i was amazed to see the change in audio quality with even a cheap sub...
    From audio interface(mine is scarlett solo) output to sub input and from sub left and right output to powered speakers left.and right ..N.thats it... That's how I connected it..I highly recommend a subwoofer with mackie cr4... And the cable..