Is it worth it to get a AFTERSHOCK TITAN 2016 or should get desktop i need future proof will use it around 3-4 years

phyolinhtet

Estimable
Feb 15, 2014
AFTERSHOCK TITAN 2016 Spec:

CPU: Intel 6th Generation i7 6700k (Desktop Processor)
Graphics Card : NVIDIA GEFORCE 980 GTX 8GB GDDR5 (Desktop Graphics!)
Display : 17.3" FHD IPS Wide color gamut display (1920x1080) with NVIDIA GSYNC
Memory (RAM) : 16GB DDR4 2133mhz (2x8)
M.2 SSD BAY (PCIE 2X/4X) : 120GB Samsung EVO 850 M.2 SSD (540MB Read / 500MB Write)
Hard Drive : 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD
WIFI Card (Titan) : KILLER 1535 AC WIFI+BT
Operating System : Windows 10 Home 64 Bit

Solution
It is far easier and much less expensive to upgrade a 4 year old gaming PC (most people just install a more powerful GPU), than it is to upgrade / buy a new gaming laptops.

But if you want to potentially play games where ever you go, then there is only one option.
Gaming laptops are nice because they are portable. However, they are not as powerful as gaming desktops because they must deal with power and heat limitations as well as physical size.

To get close to the level of a gaming desktop, you will need to generally spend twice as much on a gaming laptop. And gaming laptops cannot compete with a really highly gaming desktop. For example, the recently released desktop GTX 980 for laptops is a slightly slower version compared to GTX 980 dedicated graphic cards for desktop; I think I've read it has 95% performance of the GTX 980 dedicated GPU (which is really, really good). But there's the GTX 980 Ti and Titan X for desktop.

It is far easier and much less expensive to upgrade a 4 year old gaming PC (most people just install a more powerful GPU), than it is to upgrade / buy a new gaming laptops.

But if you want to potentially play games where ever you go, then there is only one option.

Solution