Is it worth Jailbreaking?

ry4n_1337

Estimable
Apr 12, 2014
This has been asked all over the internet, but with the newer jailbreaks and iOS versions, everything is changing. What you need to answer for me is each bold title I have written.

Should I Jailbreak?

I am wondering if I should jailbreak my 16GB Space Gray iPhone 5S. Jailbreaking is legal so I'm assuming I'm allowed to talk about this. If not, admins can delete it; No questions asked.

The main reason I want to jailbreak is so that I can get some cool features and themes. I don't want to ruin the phone. By features I mean maybe like quick reply to texts or something.

How to Jailbreak?

I am planning to use the Pangu method. I am very unclear on this method so can you please tell me if these are the right steps? Once again, admins instantly delete this thread if I am breaking any rules.

1 - Remove passcode, set date back
2 - Start Pangu and close iTunes (backup before)
3 - Open Pangu app on phone when told to
4 - Go through the reboots, open Cydia, go through them again.

What I'm in unclear about is from what I heard In a YouTube video which is, "If you upgraded OTA (Over the Air), you will need to upgrade from iTunes". Do I really need to?

Why I Want to Jailbreak?

As mentioned before, I want features and themes. I want to use a built in file explorer so I can mod GTA SA. I only have 3.2GB available on my phone, so let me know if that'll pertain an issue. I also want cool themes. Quick message reply. That kind of stuff.

Questions

• Will Jailbreaking permanently ruin my device, even after restoring to a backup before the jailbreak?

• Will it drain my battery?

• Will I need more than 3.2GB?

• What ls Bricking?

Thanks Tom's community. Please don't feel like you have to answer all these questions, as I'll just combine feedback from all of you. But please make answering that updating OTA question clearer to me.

Please help me out
Regards,
Ryan

Solution
I only use one site for it and that's evad3rs.com , they have a application that does it for you and are very reliable, did it 3 times now and never got bricked on my ipod 5

legend001523

Estimable
Jun 3, 2014
You need to go to the apple store and they unbrick it for you if that happens but basically it doesn't let you access your apple device, it's totally fked, like you've been locked out your car

legend001523

Estimable
Jun 3, 2014
I only use one site for it and that's evad3rs.com , they have a application that does it for you and are very reliable, did it 3 times now and never got bricked on my ipod 5

Solution

legend001523

Estimable
Jun 3, 2014
Don't now, never used it :/ But I prefer evasin, it's just download file, open it, and it does it for you, make sure you os is compatible and your apple product is compatible with their jailbreak first and follow all instructions