Solved! Is it worth to upgrade from S350DB to 360 or any other?

Sep 8, 2020
Hey!

Currently, I'm the owner of Edifier S350DB for a month or so, do love them, but need to find DB9 cable to extend the connection of right satellite and place the subwoofer in the correct place.

I'm reading now a lot about S360DB's, I know that the treble would be quite better because of the ribbon twitter (still they can't beat my Adam T8V in that), but what about the bass? It would be smoother/lauder/better?

Adam is fine, but not for my needs.

Like the price, the difference is 100 EUR + audio card for the better sound.

Is it worth it? Or just to stick with my S350DB, set subwoofer in the correct place and buy an audio card to improve the quality of the sound of my current 350's?

Currently, I connect them directly to the motherboard via optical cable. Mainly listening to music, sometimes playing games. Even with bass boost on satellite, I hear the buzz when I'm listening to the music through Spotify.

When I was choosing the audio system I understood that there are no much options on 2.1 and like I do not wanna go +400 EUR, in this terms this system is just killer. S350DBB cost me 275 EUR, while S360DB costs 375 EUR, so yeah...

So yeah, what would you suggest? I love the sound quality, but I wanna get a little more bass, maybe i need to find the correct place for the current one and i will get the wished result, but still wanna hear your opinion! Maybe I should look for something different.

I would be thankful if you could help me to sort it out.

Solution
You do want to get the subwoofer placed as best you can. That will make a big improvement. If you can't find a longer cable them it's possible that you can cut and splice additional wire to the existing cable.
The 360DB has a wireless sub which would make the easy but it doesn't seem that the bass would be better than the 350DB.
You can also use EQ ( or more sophisticated DSP) software to improve the bass. You have to be careful trying to boost dips in the bass. It can cause distortion and damage to the sub. Reducing peaks is safe but will reduce the level a bit.
Optimal placement is safe and may allow for a better blend to the satellites as well as better bass.
You would want to connect the speakers to an improved soundcard (or better...
You do want to get the subwoofer placed as best you can. That will make a big improvement. If you can't find a longer cable them it's possible that you can cut and splice additional wire to the existing cable.
The 360DB has a wireless sub which would make the easy but it doesn't seem that the bass would be better than the 350DB.
You can also use EQ ( or more sophisticated DSP) software to improve the bass. You have to be careful trying to boost dips in the bass. It can cause distortion and damage to the sub. Reducing peaks is safe but will reduce the level a bit.
Optimal placement is safe and may allow for a better blend to the satellites as well as better bass.
You would want to connect the speakers to an improved soundcard (or better yet an external USB DAC) with analog not digital. If you use optical then you are using the DAC inside the speakers not you new audio device. I would try this first since it might be all the improvement you need right now.

Reactions: Marshlyy
Solution
Sep 8, 2020
You would want to connect the speakers to an improved soundcard (or better yet an external USB DAC) with analog not digital. If you use optical then you are using the DAC inside the speakers not you new audio device. I would try this first since it might be all the improvement you need right now.
Thanks!

I'm currently looking at Syrincs M3-220 DT maybe you know something about it or you could recommend me any other model :). + the t.akustik ISO-Pad 6 (for satellites) + Behringer U-Phoria UMC22.

Also, I've chosen Behringer U-Phoria UMC22 as DAC, but which one you would suggest?

Also what anti-vibration pads I should choose for a subwoofer? Was planning to buy everything from thomann shop.