Is it worth to void my warranty for an upgrade?

Solution
What's the model name of your laptop? It may have a special removable cover for accessing just drive area.
If your laptop has stickers that void warranty, then you'll have to contact authorized service center for brand of your laptop and ask them to do the SSD upgrade.

caledbwlch

Prominent
Jan 25, 2018
I agree with the above. Although I've never met a warranty I couldn't void. If you know what you are doing and take your time, you should be fine. If this is your first install, you should be cautious.

You do have another possible option, which I took with one of my laptops; it was under warranty AND I absolutely hate cracking open laptops, but I was fortunate that it had a DVD drive. They sell HDD/SSD adapters that you can put the SSD in and then image your drive over, and leave your old drive as a secondary storage drive. Basically have your cake and eat it to. Once you move the DVD cover plate to the adapter, the light will even work to show you drive activity. It is really cool.

https://www.amazon.com/Highfine-Universal-SSD-HDD-Enclosures/dp/B01MRI8YFN/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1528810293&sr=8-1&keywords=ssd+dvd+laptop+adapter

ElectrO_90

Commendable
Jun 21, 2016
Didn't the new laws in America say that they can't make you void a warranty and that the stickers were illegal?
Obviously, depends on which country you are in, but anyone in a Western Country shouldn't have a problem

ElectrO_90

Commendable
Jun 21, 2016

You should speak to the company about having the SSD put in.
If you get them to agree in email, then you should be protected.
What company?

SkyNetRising

Estimable
Jan 4, 2016
What's the model name of your laptop? It may have a special removable cover for accessing just drive area.
If your laptop has stickers that void warranty, then you'll have to contact authorized service center for brand of your laptop and ask them to do the SSD upgrade.

Solution