Is Kaspersky 2013 worth switching over?

mrstabhappy

Honorable
Jul 27, 2013
Hello, I got a copy of Kaspersky internet security 2013 for free as part of my tablet purchase. In terms of performance/protection is it worth switching over from Microsoft security essentials?

XiRw

Honorable
Jul 13, 2013
ESET (with the proper settings configured) can run circles around Kasper or practically any other suite.

But if you want to go with Kasper then yes it is a much better choice than MSE.

jacob4567

Honorable
Jul 27, 2013
I'm not familiar with the Microsoft product but have been using Kaspersky for over 4 years and it's worked very well. Using Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 now. I've been able to buy a new license and DVD for use on up to three computers, each year on Buy.com, or similar places, for $20-$30. I never use the DVD but just use the license. When a new version becomes available, I just download that if I want to upgrade. What I've liked about them is that the license entitles you to download the latest software if available during license period. Also, when I contacted customer support once, since my kids use my licenses, also, they only count the "working computers," so if you are using all 3 licenses, and one computer dies, you can still use it on the replacement.