Is laptop CPU upgradeable?

Mar 17, 2018
Hello I am using HP 15 r033tx and want to know whether I can upgrade my cpu or not and if yes then which cpu will be best for gaming?

Solution
Said linked video requires external monitor to get benefit from external GPU.

Yes, laptop screen shows desktop but that is handled by laptop's own GPU.

You want better framerate by using external GPU? you need to connect the display to external GPU. Laptop's don't have video in and as such cannot use/show any video feed from external GPU's.

Edit: Upon watching more, my fault really, it seems that yes, you can use external GPU with laptop's own screen.

Some have had to use few ini edits to get it to work, it's not guaranteed to work right out of box like in your example video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70w5xkrhI_Q

little_me

Estimable
May 9, 2015
According to google, said laptop has Intel Core i3-4005U which is BGA socket, which basically means it's soldered to motherboard.
While replacing it is in theory possible, it is more work than worth it and other better cpu's run in 300 to 500 usd range or so. (I5 and I7)

Also there is no guarantee that BIOS will support said CPU's, especially since said laptop has never been meant to have other CPU's.

so.. answer is.. "no"

little_me

Estimable
May 9, 2015
Mini-pci-express slots are usually running at X1 or at most x2 speeds and as such are limited by bus bandwidth.
Laptop processors are usually far weaker than desktop equivalent versions.
If this was desktop, then yes 1050TI would be a big improvement over current 820 laptop has but... Since it's laptop, less powerful cpu and limiting bus speeds, while it will no doubt be faster than the original, CPU will still bottleneck stuff, especially if games are CPU intensive.

So.. yes, 1050Ti will beat pants off 820G that the laptop has but.. CPU/pci-express will bottleneck things.
Avoid CPU intensive games and it might be worth it.

Mar 17, 2018

does using mini pci-e slot requires an external monitor for display or just connecting the graphic card using adapter with pci x1, it will be effecrive in my laptop screen as well?
or external monitor is required? Ifu have something about it then let me know.

little_me

Estimable
May 9, 2015
using external GPU will always require external monitor too, they wont support laptop's own screen.

Based on that and the cost of external GPU dock/PSU for it and GPU and screen... you are getting closer to price point of new laptop (I think)

Just something to consider while comparing costs.

little_me

Estimable
May 9, 2015
Said linked video requires external monitor to get benefit from external GPU.

Yes, laptop screen shows desktop but that is handled by laptop's own GPU.

You want better framerate by using external GPU? you need to connect the display to external GPU. Laptop's don't have video in and as such cannot use/show any video feed from external GPU's.

Edit: Upon watching more, my fault really, it seems that yes, you can use external GPU with laptop's own screen.

Some have had to use few ini edits to get it to work, it's not guaranteed to work right out of box like in your example video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70w5xkrhI_Q

Solution