Is malwarebytes premium and bitdefender total security enough?

k1ng0d

Estimable
Aug 25, 2014
Well has my title says is malwarebytes premium and bitdefender total security enough security? are there better options? If there are better options what are they? Sorry for all the questions but I am kinda paranoid about my security and want it to be good. Thanks

Solution
Windows has good programs. You should not need more. Most of the time, malwarebytes is used post malware. If you are smart, just do not download unknown programs and go to unknown websites and you will be solid. Unless you have kids. In that case, those programs will not be nearly enough xD

gilbadon

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2008
Windows has good programs. You should not need more. Most of the time, malwarebytes is used post malware. If you are smart, just do not download unknown programs and go to unknown websites and you will be solid. Unless you have kids. In that case, those programs will not be nearly enough xD

Solution

PhatLloyd

Estimable
Jul 1, 2014
NOOO!! Not Windows Defender! Please, I use Malwarebytes Premium and am happy with it. As above said if the kiddies are downloading games and other things, these programs ALWAYS come with hidden installers and they need to be uninstalled manually. I would go with Malwarebytes and Avaira as another combonation.

gferrin2012

Honorable
Jun 3, 2013
I tell you, a question like this could gather a whole seething debate, Here are the issues from real world experience. Adware will sneak in because someone was not quite paying attention as when something was downloaded or links clicked when in a site eyc.. (a few others ways of course). When this happens you have now bypassed all security. The virus/malware protection usually see's this as a regular program and, is of no more use then using malwarebytes to remove microsoft office. All of this is opinion when it comes to security programs. All seem to have the ol' pro's and cons. I do not dance around issues here thinking someone might disagree, I use kaspersky with malwarebytes. I have not had an issue in over three years. Not a single one.