Faytty11

Commendable
Feb 4, 2017
Please is this true:

Pls send to ALL

To find out if your phone is being tapped dial the following 5 characters

*#06#

It will reveal your IMEI number.
If that number has a forward slash '/' after it. It means your phone is being tapped. See below

<<Edited by Moderator>> ...GOOD/UNTAPPED

<<Edited by Moderator>>/4
<<Edited by Moderator>>/2
<<Edited by Moderator>>/3
<<Edited by Moderator>>/1

ANY of these means your phone is being tapped!

Share this very important warning to all people. The government can use these recording to make case against people.

Solution
To clarify further, a 15-digit IMEI (presented without a slash) is what stock android gives you when you dial *#06#.

However, when you dial *#06# on phones running Samsung's customized versions of android, they display the IMEI-SV. This is a modified version, containing the first 14 digits of the IMEI (the 15th is a check digit, which is omitted), a slash, and then two digits indicating the software version (SV) the device is running (how this is indicated is up to the manufacturer; most seem to just use '00' or '01').

If you go to Settings>Status>IMEI, you will usually see the IMEI and the extra two SV digits displayed separately.

The government can use these recording to make case against people.
Various governments do this...

Faytty11

Commendable
Feb 4, 2017

Some of the informations are truncated.

But the original message was a chained message from a contact on my whatsapp

Faytty11

Commendable
Feb 4, 2017

Thank you. I was scared when I saw the message and I tried it and saw that my imei has the forward slash (/) but my wife' s imei has no forward slash

To clarify further, a 15-digit IMEI (presented without a slash) is what stock android gives you when you dial *#06#.

However, when you dial *#06# on phones running Samsung's customized versions of android, they display the IMEI-SV. This is a modified version, containing the first 14 digits of the IMEI (the 15th is a check digit, which is omitted), a slash, and then two digits indicating the software version (SV) the device is running (how this is indicated is up to the manufacturer; most seem to just use '00' or '01').

If you go to Settings>Status>IMEI, you will usually see the IMEI and the extra two SV digits displayed separately.

The government can use these recording to make case against people.
Various governments do this anyway, and your (or the other person's) cellphone company or cellphone manufacturer may too.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.