Is my laptop a goner?

Dandanoreo

Commendable
Mar 13, 2016
Hi,

It looks like a problem with the Graphics card of your laptop unfortunately. :( Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help as well.
- Start by doing a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds and see if it will boot up normally.
- If it doesn't work try connecting an external monitor again into your laptop then press the Windows key + P at the same time and try to select between Duplicate or Extended display.
- If all these will not work another troubleshooting step I would suggest if you know a lot about disassembling or soldering PC stuff is to reflow the motherboard or the GPU.
- But if you're not comfortable on doing this try to take it to a local PC shop for a repair.

Dandanoreo

Commendable
Mar 13, 2016

I tried disassembling the GPU and reconnecting it but the problem persisted. I was told the problem could originate either from the GPU or the integrated graphic component on the mainboard or CPU. Is there a way to distinguish where the problem comes from?

An attempt to start the computer with the GPU disconnected ended up with the computer not booting at all. It booted up normally (with the issue still), when I returned the GPU to its place.