Is my Samsung tv compatible with the Sony theatre system?

Sheilaj92

Commendable
Mar 9, 2016
I have a Samsung floor model tv, will my Sony home theatre system work on this tv? Please someone answer

Solution
Something like this:

http://trend-matters.com/products/rca-to-hdmi-cable?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=googlepla&variant=6284557316&gclid=CIjp5YiftssCFdgLgQodruMMcQ

Physically it will probably fit into the ports on each end. And most likely will work.

One caution: from the description: "Designed to meet all HDMI standards....." "Designed to" does not necessarily mean it will actually work.

The reason for my caveat is that the pinouts (basically the internal end to end wire connections) need to match accepted standards. However, if some proprietry configuration has been used by one device or the other then the connection will not or only partially work. Google "Composite to HDMI pinouts" for examples. Do not let all that...
I would expect so but you need to look at the respective input and output ports for audio/video.

Look at the User Guides/Manuals for each device (based on model number) and draw out the necessary wiring plan to connect them.

The manuals will also let you know what configuration settings should be used.

Try the connections and post any specific problems thereafter.

Sheilaj92

Commendable
Mar 9, 2016

The tv I have doesnt have a hdmi port , Will a red , white and yellow cord with hdmi port at the other end work?

Something like this:

http://trend-matters.com/products/rca-to-hdmi-cable?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=googlepla&variant=6284557316&gclid=CIjp5YiftssCFdgLgQodruMMcQ

Physically it will probably fit into the ports on each end. And most likely will work.

One caution: from the description: "Designed to meet all HDMI standards....." "Designed to" does not necessarily mean it will actually work.

The reason for my caveat is that the pinouts (basically the internal end to end wire connections) need to match accepted standards. However, if some proprietry configuration has been used by one device or the other then the connection will not or only partially work. Google "Composite to HDMI pinouts" for examples. Do not let all that overwhelm you.

Substandard, low quality cables even if they match the standard, may not work.

Overall, such cables can generally be purchased locally so you could buy one and give the cable a try. Make sure that you can return the cable if necessary.

Solution

Sheilaj92

Commendable
Mar 9, 2016

Okay thanks a lot you are awesome!!!! I will reply back to let you know whether or not these cables are useful