Is Opera Safe?

tmleafs515

Prominent
Aug 16, 2017
I just got Opera and am really enjoying it. I just wanted to know if it is safe and virus free.

Thanks for your help!

Solution
its safer than some other browsers as it doesnt use activex...
personally ive used it since version 8 (about 10 years now) and have had few issues with it.
its my browser of choice because it offers some features that you just dont get in any other browser such as an active web proxy/vpn.

HEXiT

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2011
its safer than some other browsers as it doesnt use activex...
personally ive used it since version 8 (about 10 years now) and have had few issues with it.
its my browser of choice because it offers some features that you just dont get in any other browser such as an active web proxy/vpn.

Solution

HEXiT

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2011
lol... yeah what about it. do chinese the companies/government have jurisdiction in the eu/america. do they comply with illegal mass surveillance search warrants?. i mean your comment only really makes sense if microsoft wasnt trying to gather everything you look at, search for on the web or even when your offline.
so saying no, just because its owned by a chinese company is a false equivalence. IMO.

Have you seen Opera current code? Do you know where your info is going first?
It does not matter whether you are under EU, USA or Martian jurisdiction - once your info is out, it is out.

I see no reason to mention Micro s oft there. After all - your bytes your worries.