Is the Asus g751 G Sync model worth the extra 500$?

PCnooberson

Honorable
Dec 2, 2013
So im in the market to get myself a gaming laptop, and ive been set on the Asus g751. Its a powerhouse, and most importantly great at cooling.

However, now there is a newer model of the laptop, the G Sync model.

The G751JY-DH71 is practically $2,000, while the G Sync model G751JY-DB72 is $2,499

The only differences i can see between the two is that the more expensive one has
-a G Sync monitor,
-a 4720 HQ (2.6GHz) as opposed to the 4710HQ (2.5Gz) on the cheaper one,
-802.11ac Wifi as opposed to 802.11a/g/n (I have no clue what the difference is or if it matters),
- DDR3L Ram as opposed to DDR3 Ram (What does that even mean?)
-6X Blu-ray RW as opposed to Blu-ray-enabled DVD±RW/CD-RW (Isnt that the same thing?)
- An extra half hour of battery life (supposedly)
-and a free ROG 100$ Backpack

From what my noob eyes can tell, the differences are....pretty minimal. Only real big diffrenrece is the G sync screen and free backpack. I could really use someone elses input. Is it worth the extra 500$

and could you explain to me more what the differences are?

Thanks in advance

PCnooberson

Honorable
Dec 2, 2013

Dont know how tech savy you are, but mind explaining to me more the differences between the two models in what i mentioned?

PCnooberson

Honorable
Dec 2, 2013

Yea, i know what G sync is, im talking about all the other diffrences like the DDR3L ram or the "upgraded" processor.

PCnooberson

Honorable
Dec 2, 2013

right, i did do that. I listed all of the differences i could find. Im asking what that translates to the in the real world. Performance and what not.

-a G Sync monitor, - not to me

-a 4720 HQ (2.6GHz) as opposed to the 4710HQ (2.5Gz) on the cheaper one, - the 4720 is a touch better

-802.11ac Wifi as opposed to 802.11a/g/n (I have no clue what the difference is or if it matters), - not much difference, see https://en.wikipedia.org/?title=Wi-Fi

- DDR3L Ram as opposed to DDR3 Ram (What does that even mean?) L - low voltage

-6X Blu-ray RW as opposed to Blu-ray-enabled DVD±RW/CD-RW (Isnt that the same thing?) I'd rather a BD player

- An extra half hour of battery life (supposedly) - would be good

-and a free ROG 100$ Backpack - nice if it was any good.

PCnooberson

Honorable
Dec 2, 2013
was asking for "details' like why is the backpack bad? advantages/disadvantages of the two drives, lower voltage by how much, what is the performance cost if any? G sync monitor "not to me"? What does that even mean?

if youre going to post an answer, id appreciate an answer. youre not really helping

Ghunter45

Estimable
Jul 23, 2015
G-sync or without g sync the price is the same

G751jt(970m) and g751jy(980m with or without g sync price difference is 500ish

Bags, mouse, other freebies with or without them the price of laptop are all the same..

The only thing that make gsync expensive in a same model laptop is that they put added ssd, a different(minimal differences) processor, upgraded monitor 75hz(not sure). Therefore gsync alone is a free upgrade

Ghunter45

Estimable
Jul 23, 2015
this is all part of asus marketing strategy. Putting g sync on more expensive, unnecessary(for some gamer) spec notebook and not on cheaper ones. But I tell you g sync is worth it if you are a hardcore gamer.