Is the Gmail for iOS App Insecure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adroid

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2009
Yea my gmail account is starting to frustrate me. Thanks Google, but I don't need you popping up and logging yourself in on my Youtube channel. And no, I don't want to log in with my "facebook" account.

Also I don't want you auto-syncing and pulling random peices of information from my iphone to the "cloud".

I tried to increase my privacy settings, but it's really invasive and annoying that Google helps itself to your personal information, and tries to "conveniently" spread it onto different web pages, but by default I wish the security settings were less invasive.

Keep it up and Google and the whole batch of other "social media" sites can count on closing my accounts, permanently.

Xivilain

Estimable
Apr 16, 2014
GMAIL IS FREE... so by default you should assume its insecure. If you want secure/encrypted email you can purchase such services elsewhere.

jgrabb

Estimable
Jun 16, 2014
EXCEPT if want to use ANYTHING nfrom Google you NEED an email address from gmail. Therefore it potentially makes EVERYONE less secure because Google/Android is undoubtedly a very insecure OS

hitman40

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2010
Who the hell uses a gmail app on the iPhone when you can log into the stock mail option with your gmail account? Almost as stupid as someone downloading a "mirror" app when the camera has a front camera option.

Status
Not open for further replies.