Is thear a on top of everythaing transparent live wallpaper ?

editor1

Estimable
May 9, 2017
Hi all

I want a live wallpaper like rain, snow or clouds that is always on top of every thaing.. kinda like widgets. It does need to be transparent.

Any one know of such a thaing ?

Solution
Maybe this one will work, maybe not. I only have one monitor so I can only test it that way.

https://www.freewarefiles.com/Desktop-Christmas-Snow_program_94720.html
It uses more CPU that DesktopSnow.
It looks better than DesktopSnow in my opinion, but the flakes are tiny.

Like the other program, if you have a program that has it's "Always On Top" setting to yes, then the flakes will be behind that program. I have a feeling that you'll run into that problem with most "snow flake" programs.

Also be suspicious as these are the types of programs that malware/adware/scammers target and try to get people to install so they can install their own hidden software along with it. I've checked these two and feel they are safe.

Maybe someone...

gardenman

Commendable
Herald
Jun 16, 2016
[DesktopSnow] (freeware) will allow you to add snowflakes (and other images) to your desktop. The flakes show up over top of other Windows unless a Window has it's own "Always On Top" option set. It has several other images that can be used. Things like Tennis Balls, Stars, Yellow Flowers, Leaves, etc.
leaves.png

gardenman

Commendable
Herald
Jun 16, 2016
Maybe this one will work, maybe not. I only have one monitor so I can only test it that way.

https://www.freewarefiles.com/Desktop-Christmas-Snow_program_94720.html
It uses more CPU that DesktopSnow.
It looks better than DesktopSnow in my opinion, but the flakes are tiny.

Like the other program, if you have a program that has it's "Always On Top" setting to yes, then the flakes will be behind that program. I have a feeling that you'll run into that problem with most "snow flake" programs.

Also be suspicious as these are the types of programs that malware/adware/scammers target and try to get people to install so they can install their own hidden software along with it. I've checked these two and feel they are safe.

Maybe someone else can give you a better option if one exists.

Solution