Is there a lemon law for laptops? ASUS G751JT-DH72 Battery Issues

Emelth

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2010
Alright, lets start from the beginning...

Bought a refurbished ASUS G751JT-DH72 from Newegg back in Sept 2015. (link below)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834232465

It worked phenomenally till about 4-5 months ago. First time it arise it showed that the battery would not charger pass a certain point (24% i think it was stuck at). Whenever the plug came out it would automatically die. Did a full restore on it, went through ASUS to troubleshoot it and nothing worked. So I sent it out to my warranty provider and they sent it back to me with a note stating that the logic board was replaced.

I would say about a week later it would start shutting down after getting unplugged and the battery symbol had changed and when i put the mouse over it, it would show "No battery is detected". Sent it off again, and this time it came back saying that no hardware failure was found.

Here it is again, not even a week after having it back, it did the same thing! It shows that no battery is detected. If unplugged it would shutdown and not turn back on unless it was plugged in.

So I know vehicles have a Lemon Law (3 times of the same issue). Does this also apply to laptops and other electronics? Has anyone ever done this before? How do I go about initiating this process and should I lawyer up?

before you lawyer up. make sure the error not the battery. laptop batteries have small logic chips in them that the mb has t ouse to tell the voltage of the battery. non oem and old batteries these chips can go bad. has anyone placed a new battery in the laptop to see if it works?? every state and country has there own lemon laws. most times it 14-30 days without the unit working or three tries. use small claims court as it small filling fee as most small claims have 5000.000 limit. before you file send a register letter to vendor customer satisfaction group and call them. make sure the letter is registered and has a return card with it. and someone has to sign for it. in your letter you like the unit repaired/replaced or your money back. if they wont then take them to small claims.

Emelth

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2010

"Make sure the error not the battery"
I'm sorry I dont understand what you are trying to say here.

I dont know if they have replaced the battery or not, it just said the logic board was replaced if that is what you mean.

How do I go about getting a registered letter of complaint about the issue not being fixed?

I plan to go through legal means as a last resort. I do not wish to go that route but I also dont want a $1600 (at the time of purchase) laptop to be used as a paper weight.

Try a new battery, if that does not work, contact the warranty place again. Take screenshots of the issue, email it to them so they see what is going on.

Emelth

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2010

I've already sent it to the warranty company two times, sending it back out again tomorrow for the third time. After that, if the issue isnt fixed I need it to gone/replaced. Ive already been looking around for a new one if it does flop again.

sorry just log on today. warranty center and vendor most times dont replace batteries as there under consumables parts for laptops. if the battery was the issue they should have placed that info in the letter. for register letters in the us at your local post office are small green cards. you fill out the to and from info and pay extra postage for it. if you just send it registered you wont get a card back. most of those letters end up in the trash. send your letter with register and return and someone at the vendor warrsnty center has to sign for the letter. first thing to do is take some time and call both vendor and warranty center. speak niceley but ask for customer satstfaction rep or manager. then go up from there. get there names and work id. dont yell as your going to be on tape.