Is there a way to use my guitar amp as an amplifier for my car stereo and subwoofer?

Solution
You would be far better off buying even a cheap in-car amp, as the guitar amp you have will be mains powered (?) You could run a voltage inverter via the car battery and that will power it, but the amp will be a miss match with the speakers in the car in terms of Ohms and probably wattage. The guitar amp can be unsoldered and then re-wired to the car speakers to bypass the built in speaker. The amp would likely not be powerful enough to power the sub properly - let alone speakers on top of that! It is possible, but a completely pointless venture if i may say so.

Grab yourself a pukka in car amplifier, and you will be much less stressed!

Hope this may help!

Regards,
K
You would be far better off buying even a cheap in-car amp, as the guitar amp you have will be mains powered (?) You could run a voltage inverter via the car battery and that will power it, but the amp will be a miss match with the speakers in the car in terms of Ohms and probably wattage. The guitar amp can be unsoldered and then re-wired to the car speakers to bypass the built in speaker. The amp would likely not be powerful enough to power the sub properly - let alone speakers on top of that! It is possible, but a completely pointless venture if i may say so.

Grab yourself a pukka in car amplifier, and you will be much less stressed!

Hope this may help!

Regards,
K

Solution

rannyday5150

Prominent
Feb 2, 2018
Dude I have been playing gtr all my life in the bars. And AC noise is a Killer! Car amps run on a Noise Free 12v car battery that has lots of (key word) AMPS. Cranking amps is more like it.
It takes allot of power to crank a v8 motor but after that 5-10 secs to start the motor the car doesn't need the battery really anymore? But back to your ?
Trust me on this if you want to play your strat through the car's sound system plug your gtr into an Aux input either at the receiver
or the line input jacks of the car amp. The car amp is Allot better than a bedroom gtr amp (not talking about a marshall full stack stage amplifier tho) now if you were wanting to use the gtr amp as the cars main amp and speakers (no gtr lessons required) then you could use a 12v to 120v inverter but your still not gonna get what I think your trying to get gtr amplifiers aren't made for that plus car amplifiers are Way more better!
Allot more money has been spent on car audio systems than guitar amplifiers.
I hope this helps
PS I have played my bass guitar through a professional competition car audio system before and I LOVED IT !!!!..........