Is there any reason I should not be able to connect a new Sony Blu Ray Player to a Panasonic Viera TV?

Marley819

Commendable
Mar 25, 2016
I presently have a Panasonic DVD/Blu Ray Player connected to my Panasonic Viera which is 5 years old, but the player got hit by lightning and I needed to replace it. I couldn't find a Panasonic brand player locally so I bought a Sony but before I take it out of the box, I am wondering if there is any reason it wouldn't work any better than the Panasonic brand. My husband thinks I should pair the same name brand and I am not so sure that is necessary. Both have HDMI connections and cables. Thanks.

Solution
There should be no reason a Sony BluRay won't work with a Panasonic TV. HDMI is an industry standard. Having a single brand can make it possible to have fewer remotes required to operate. Other than that, there isn't any advantage.

kanewolf

Judicious
There should be no reason a Sony BluRay won't work with a Panasonic TV. HDMI is an industry standard. Having a single brand can make it possible to have fewer remotes required to operate. Other than that, there isn't any advantage.

Solution