Is this a good laptop?

sjordan1500

Commendable
Aug 9, 2016
Sorry for my cluelessness, but I honestly don't understand laptops and what works best and yadayadayada.

The laptop I have now, a Toshiba Qosmio notebook is great, and I can do just about everything on it, multitask, downloads multiple things, play intense games and all that great stuff, but it's pretty damn old, and the screen is just breaking. I'm not surprised, it's literally 8 years old. I've had it fixed countless of times and there's been a few problems with ram, and it could still work if I get it checked out, but I don't feel like wasting my money every 3-6 months anymore to repair it.

So I want to get a new laptop and I found this one and it seems pretty good but I'm not computer savvy. I really don't understand all that talk. It's
an Inspiron, Dell, I'd put which specifically but I don't know, so the the stuff in it is:

6th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-6300HQ Quad Core (6M Cache, up to 3.2 GHz)

8GB Single Channel DDR3L 1600MHz (8GBx1)

1TB 5400 rpm SATA Hybrid Hard Drive with 8GB Cache

NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 960M 4GB GDDR5

15.6-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) Anti-Glare LED-Backlit Display

price starts at 1,698.99, though that doesn't bother me.

I'm hoping to use it for school and light gaming(does sims count?), Photoshop, though if it can't handle it I guess that's okay, though I hope it can. Please, someone with experience grace me with an answer. and Unreal Engine 4, yeahh...

(I know there are reviews, but the most 'helpful' is like a year old, I just want more opinions.) this is the link: http://www.dell.com/au/p/inspiron-15-7559-laptop/pd?oc=y511277au&model_id=inspiron-15-7559-laptop#overrides=y511277au:821~AP-PSEPRE12UP