Is this Laptop good enough for Sims 4?

Solution
Ah, that explains it. I didn't even think about those two sites having payment plans. You realize you'll end up spending an extra 80-160.00 beyond the actual cost by paying that way right? If that's the way you need to do it though, that first unit you posted is probably the best option, but you're selling out a lot of value for the convenience of time payments.

If you could arrange making the payments in another way, this would have nearly twice the graphics and general computing power, for two hundred bucks less:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834314535

You'd be able to play Sims no sweat. Actually, you could probably play most titles with at least medium settings, some at high or maybe even ultra, and...

Jsweeting1995

Estimable
Feb 24, 2015
No, that unit has lower quality graphics than the other one. Is there a reason you're looking on these off the beaten path websites instead of the standard tech vendors like Newegg, Amazon, TigerDirect, NCIX, BestBuy and sites like that. They usually have better hardware for less investment. What is your actual budget and are you in the US?

Jsweeting1995

Estimable
Feb 24, 2015

Well 700-800 is a the limit. But I like QVC because they have payment plans!

Ah, that explains it. I didn't even think about those two sites having payment plans. You realize you'll end up spending an extra 80-160.00 beyond the actual cost by paying that way right? If that's the way you need to do it though, that first unit you posted is probably the best option, but you're selling out a lot of value for the convenience of time payments.

If you could arrange making the payments in another way, this would have nearly twice the graphics and general computing power, for two hundred bucks less:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834314535

You'd be able to play Sims no sweat. Actually, you could probably play most titles with at least medium settings, some at high or maybe even ultra, and demanding titles would likely have to be played at low settings, but would at least be playable at that resolution.

Solution
None of that has much to do with performance in gaming titles. If it has integrated graphics, then the model of the i5 has some bearing on it because the CPU model determines WHICH integrated graphics it has and the thread capabilities come into play somewhat on threaded titles, which are less common than single threaded games but still relevant.

The fact is that nearly ALL integrated graphics solutions are WEAK and not capable of playing any REAL games, aside from very low end online games like the facebook and pogo stuff. Any true installed title of any quality at all is going to want to see some minimal form of dedicated graphics card or at the very, very least, one of the extremely few integrated graphics solutions like the HD 4600 and HD 6000 or on the AMD side of things the R5, R6, R7 and R9 Radeon integrated graphics with the R5 being VERY borderline even for low settings on most games.

If you buy a unit with no discreet graphics card, and only integrated CPU onboard graphics, that is not HD 4600, HD 6000, R5, R6 or R7, minimum, you will almost certainly not be satisfied with the way things will go in the majority of game titles, even if you're a somewhat casual gamer.

The problem with all the laptops you have listed is that they all basically have the same CPU (Core i5-4210u) and the Intel HD 4400. The description for the Asus laptop is incorrect; it does not have an Intel HD 4600 graphics core because all Core i5-4210 has the Intel HD 4400 graphics core. In fact anytime you see a Core i3 or Core i5 4th generation CPU (meaning 4xxx model numbers) with the "u" designation means that it will have the Intel HD 4400 graphics core.

The Sims 4 should be playable with the Intel HD 4400 on low graphic settings @ 1366x768 resolution as is demonstrated in the following video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er-kFr4aEIE

The Acer Aspire recommended by darkbreeze is really your best option. At $599 it is less expensive than the other laptops you are considering. Yes, the downside is that you will not have payment plans, but at least you can finance it with your credit card for a few months and it will still cost less than the laptops being sold by Fingerhut and QVC. Even if your credit card is hitting you with an absurd 20% annual interest, the Acer Aspire will still cost less than the other laptops after interest should you decide to finance it on your credit for 4 months.

While the Intel HD 4400 can give you okay performance on low setting for the Sims 4, with the nVidia GT 840m in the Acer you will be able to fully max out the graphics when playing the Sims 4 and get pretty good frame rates. Also, future expansions for the Sims 4 can place more demand on the graphic core so as you install more and more expansions for the game you may get lower performance.