Is this laptop good for gaming?

jessec13

Estimable
Nov 25, 2014
Hello is this laptop good for gaming? for the price its 1,504

Model Name
X756UX-MS71-CA

On board processor
Intel Quad-Core i7-6500U 2.5GHz (Turbo to 3.1GHz)

Operating System
Windows 10 (64bit)

Total System Memory
16GB DDR3L (2x 8GB DDR3L DRAM)

Storage
16GB M.2 SSD, 1TB 5400RPM

Display
17.3" FHD (1920*1080), Matte

External video display modes
HDMI 1.4

Video Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M

Video memory
4GB DDR3

Video Camera
VGA web camera (Fixed type)

Optical Drive
DL DVD±RW/CD-RW

Wireless
802.11bgn+Bluetooth 4.0 (Single band)

USB Port
2x USB 2.02x USB 3.0

Audio
Built-in speakerBuilt-in microphoneSonic Master

Spencer_10

Commendable
May 17, 2016
Its a good gaming laptop, OK Price, If you don't have room for a full size PC, desk and monitor then gaming is survivable but not ideal.

Gaming Laptops are problematic, they are not for everyone, the idea of them sounds good at first, but long term your better off with a desktop.
They get too hot and down clock them self, and are much harder to upgrade. From personal experience, you may regret buying them.

For example its like buying a Smartphone with a 6.5" screen sounds good bigger screen, but... It wont fit in your pocket, uses more power,
more likely to drop it, need 2 hands to operate it etc...

Due to its size its not really portable either. It really depends on what you think you will use it for? A desktop replacement?
If it's something to take to Work or school would be a no no due to its size and power requirements.

Personally I would rather a dirt cheap $200-300 13" laptop and also a Gaming PC too.

The GPU is roughly only 1/3 of the processing power of a 970 GTX desktop version

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-950M.138026.0.html

minimuscle

Estimable
Dec 27, 2014
Yeah it is OK for gaming. The GPU isn't something to be proud of, neither are some of the other specs.
I have a laptop about the same, not quite as good. It doesn't perform nearly as expected, I guess I might be comparing to my desktop though.

Might want to maybe check around for a cheaper one? I wouldn't really say $1500 is fair, but if you are paying biweekly it might be the best option for you.

Either way, it will be enough to run most games, not on high but ~Mid it "should" be fine, of course, depends on the game.

Cray_Sin

Commendable
Jun 12, 2016

Cray_Sin

Commendable
Jun 12, 2016
Did you end up financing the laptop? I have the exact model being delivered to me in a week or so and i was curious to find out what your experience with it has been like, assuming you ended up financing it and now have it to psychically play with. Let me know.