Financing laptop or saving?

jessec13

Estimable
Nov 25, 2014
Hello my laptop got fried ....i'm in desperate need of a new gaming laptop.......i was thinking of financing a laptop but i'm not sure if it's worth it has the specs are quite low......my other option is to save up for a better laptop but could take months......is it worth financing this laptop for the price?----->Model Name
X756UX-MS71-CA

On board processor
Intel Quad-Core i7-6500U 2.5GHz (Turbo to 3.1GHz)

Operating System
Windows 10 (64bit)

Total System Memory
16GB DDR3L (2x 8GB DDR3L DRAM)

Storage
16GB M.2 SSD, 1TB 5400RPM

Display
17.3" FHD (1920*1080), Matte

External video display modes
HDMI 1.4

Video Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M

Video memory
4GB DDR3

Video Camera
VGA web camera (Fixed type)

Optical Drive
DL DVD±RW/CD-RW

Wireless
802.11bgn+Bluetooth 4.0 (Single band)

USB Port
2x USB 2.02x USB 3.0

Audio
Built-in speakerBuilt-in microphoneSonic Master

it's says the regular price is 1,809 and promotional price is 1,504 38.85 bi/weekly payments

would like some opinions if its worth it and could play games on high settings thx

Solution
40 payments (1.5 yrs) for a mediocre PC.
Your last payment will be ~Christmas 2018.

In reality, they are selling you a $1,000 PC for $1504. That financing isn't 'free'.
Read the fine print.
Since your laptop is broken and you really want to buy another laptop, I recommend you simply buy whatever laptop you want and finance it with your credit card. It may end up costing you less in the long run especially if you pay more than the minimum monthly payment.

You can use the following site to help you calculate how many payments you will need to make to pay off your credit card balance depending on the cost of the laptop, the interest rate and the monthly payments you want to make.

http://www.bankrate.com/calculators/credit-cards/credit-card-payoff-calculator.aspx

Let's assume you are purchasing a $1,000 laptop and the interest rate on the credit card is 20%. The total cost is an estimate.

1. $25 monthly payments = 65 payments = $1,625
2. $50 monthly payments = 25 payments = $1,250
3. $75 monthly payments = 16 payments = $1,200
4. $100 monthly payments = 11 payments = $1,100

USAFRet

Illustrious

I meant to comment on that earlier.
That is almost certainly just a teeny drive to be used as a cache for the HDD.
Mostly useless, but a good marketing point.

orlbuckeye

Distinguished

It depends about the sales price Best Buy offers the same price whether you finance or pay cash. The OEM are basically the same. They work on the premise you will buy again if you get the same no interest.