Is this Laptop on offer actually any good?

HomeGrownHeroz

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
I've just been sent an offer for a laptop and it seems like a good deal at face value. It's for my Dad who'd mainly be using it for emails, Microsoft office and general browsing.

My main concern is it's speed, and whether it would get slow and sluggish.

Laptop link

Thanks,

Sam

Robert Cook

Honorable
Herald
Dec 15, 2014
for web browsing and word processing, that is ample power. while not a very fast CPU it has a fair amount of RAM and should work fine, if it does seem slow, it it probably due to the bloat ware that will inevitably come with it, and then you simply do a clean windows install.

JohnBonhamsGhost

Estimable
Jan 14, 2016
low CPU speeds and low resolution. for only email and regular web browsing it should be okay but it will not be very quick. for that price though it may be a good deal.

i see similar & better deals on Newegg's Shellshocker and Daily Deals pages all the time. maybe check there for a few days first before committing.

HomeGrownHeroz

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
Being the the UK, the main places I'd check would be either Amazon or Ebuyer. I think he's budget is around £300 but as I rely on more power for 3D programs and rendering, I'm unsure of what a more ideal laptop should be.

If anyone could suggest an ideal laptop within that budget I'd be extremely grateful. I am lost on value when it comes to laptops.