Is this legit???

Solution

As I said, the OS costs what it costs. Anything significantly cheaper than that, most likely is not legitimate.

I just don't understand why people are willing to shell out $200+ for a processor, $400+ for a graphics card, but can't be bothered paying $100 for an OS.

-Wolf sends
Legit in the sense they'll work.... for a while*? Possibly.

Legit in the sense they comply with MS's EULA..... no.

Those keys could have come from numerous sources - bulk licensing not intended to be sold to consumers, education keys etc.......... sometimes they're legit purchases, that were made with stolen credit cards & are now being sold on.

*Depending on the route source, even if keys work initially, there's no guarantee they;ll work long-term and have the potential to be blacklisted.

Should you buy from them? That's entirely your call, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Regardless of what you do as far as a key goes, ensure you download your installation media from MS directly:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10

Any version of Windows &/or software from a third party site is near guaranteed to contain additional files (which could be adware, spyware, keyloggers etc)

WildCard999

Honorable
Jul 18, 2014
"If it seems too good to be true, it probably is"

http://www.keysonlinestore.com/privacy.html'

From there Software Policy...

"Also please note that you will not be able to get a support from manufacturer and register your product online, because you're buying OEM software."

That statement is no different than buying the OEM software from a reputable retailer though WildCard?

Agree on this part 100% though.

WildCard999

Honorable
Jul 18, 2014
@Barty1884, I usually only recommend the retail version since you get support from MS and can be reinstalled to another MB if needed (replacement?), but yest I suppose the OEM version would work ok as long as the OP buys from a reputable source.

If a guy is in the Walmart parking lot selling 70" 4K HDTVs out of his van for $100 each, would you think that's legitimate?

An operating system costs what it costs. It's just as important as any other component of a computer system and needs to be budgeted as such.

-Wolf sends

Which might be the case...... but probably not.

More realistically, you buy a cheap key, pay $40-$50 and then find out it's blacklisted (either immediately, or in 6 months, or in a year etc) and end up paying the $100+ anyway.

So that $100 purchase you try to avoid, ends up costing you ~$150.

As I said, the OS costs what it costs. Anything significantly cheaper than that, most likely is not legitimate.

I just don't understand why people are willing to shell out $200+ for a processor, $400+ for a graphics card, but can't be bothered paying $100 for an OS.

-Wolf sends

Solution