Is windows 10 picky in installing softwares?

leloger

Commendable
Jun 14, 2016
a friend told me that windows 10 doesnt allow some softwares be installed? Is that true? Because I'll be needing these softwares on my laptop: Adobe photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere Pro and Flash or Animate.

Can os be downgraded if ever?

Solution

I've never had an issue with it when installing any valid software.
For Adobe, I use Adobe Lightroom almost daily.

Downgrade? If you Upgraded from a qualifying Win 7 or 8.1, you have 30 days to roll back. If you bought Win 10 on its own, there is no 'downgrade'.

Mark RM

Estimable
Jul 16, 2014
it's not all that picky, it will tell you if some old piece of software is incompatible, but you can still force it to install even then. Everything you named will install in terms of versions from the last few years.

warhead0

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2011
Some old devices might not have drivers that are certified to work with windows 10. like old sound-cards, wifi cards, floppy disk drives and various other hardware that is no longer supported by the manufacturer.

Software is very very compatible, Everything you listed above works with Windows 10.

When you do the upgrade, you will have 30 days to downgrade back to Windows 7, just like how it was.

Yep.
I wouldn't worry too much about W10 compatibility.

Other:
1) I would make a backup Image before if possible (Acronis True Image or similar)

2) If the upgrade works fine I'd test for a while, then make a BACKUP as per above (then delete that first one).

3) then I'd delete the "OLD" Windows Image (Google for how).

Other notes:
My main issue was incompatible AMD drivers. I upgraded a lot of laptops. Nothing prior to HD5000M works.

USAFRet

Illustrious

I've never had an issue with it when installing any valid software.
For Adobe, I use Adobe Lightroom almost daily.

Downgrade? If you Upgraded from a qualifying Win 7 or 8.1, you have 30 days to roll back. If you bought Win 10 on its own, there is no 'downgrade'.

Solution