Solved! Issue Connecting a Secondary Monitor to Laptop

Aug 29, 2020
I recently bought an Acer Nitro VG270 Pbiip 27” 1080p 144 Hz monitor in order to hook it up to my Dell XPS 15 9570 and be able to extend my screen. I was using the included HDMI 2.0 cable, and my laptop seemed to detect the monitor, but the monitor itself didn’t detect a signal. So, I was troubleshooting, and changed the multiple display settings. Unfortunately, I selected the second screen only option, and now when I try to connect my laptop and monitor via HDMI, both screens go black and I can’t seem to revert the changes. I know for sure the monitor works, because it works fine with my Nintendo Switch. My laptop also comes with Intel UHD 630 graphics and the Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti Max-Q. I have also tried pressing FN and F8 (the button with a laptop and monitor icon) together and it did nothing. Is there any way I can reset my multiple display settings?

Solution
Push the monitor select key, press home and then press enter. That should work. If not try pressing the down arrow followed by enter. Repeat a few times. When you hit the PC only selection (which you can't see), it should return to your screen.
Push the monitor select key, press home and then press enter. That should work. If not try pressing the down arrow followed by enter. Repeat a few times. When you hit the PC only selection (which you can't see), it should return to your screen.

Solution