Solved! Issues with Laptop

customman

Honorable
Nov 13, 2013
Hello all,

I have a Dell Inspiron 15r n5110 laptop. (It's kinda old, i know). It was working perfectly, then the next day I tried opening my laptop and it was stuck on the startup logo for windows and after awhile around 10minutes it brought me to the startup repair menu and got nothing. So I've decided to reformat my laptop and reinstall the windows 7 os with the given disc from the box.(I
ve also cleared the CMOS by removing it for 10 seconds). After reinstalling the os, I was able to boot smoothly and was able to reinstall all the necessary drivers and so on.

So,
Day 1 and 2, After the reinstallation of the os and all the drivers. I was also able to use it normally. After i was done with it. I just put it back to sleep and leave it overnight till i need to use again.

On Day 3, after using awhile to check on stuffs, I've decided to shut down my laptop and I turned off the charger. Then the next day I turn it back on, the same issue again, freezing at windows startup logo and when the startup repair prompt comes up and i press whats recommended and I waited for awhile and I was brought to a blank blue background with only the mouse cursor on it and no repair windows popout (FYI, i waited for atleast an hour). Still nothing.

So, back to square 1, I reformatted again and everything is doing well and I tried to troubleshoot a little. I tried to shut down the laptop but leaving the charger turned on. It still boots normally. Then I tried to shut down the laptop and remove the charger and leave it off for 1 whole night. Thats when the freeezing at startup logo happens again.

So now I dont know what is the problem here, I mean all the hardware are running. What do you guys think? Could it be a hard drive failure ? (Though i wont be able to boot if it was a hard drive failure) Im still figuring out the problem. So if anyone could help that would be great.

EDIT : I realise I have not done any diagnostic test, So thanks @D Jay Cva. So after running the diagnostic. All looks fine except for the hard drive.

ERROR CODE 2000-0142
Validation : 55642
Msg : Hard Drive 0 - S/N S2TBJ90C125683, self test unsuccessful. Status = 7

Theres also a beep and it goes like 1 beep -pause- 4 beeps -pause- 2 beeps. Then it repeats

So I'm guessing this is a hard drive failure ? or isit not ?

May 16, 2018
First install windows 10 on it. (it will run smooth and fast)

And after that Update it's BIOS.

And clean you laptop from inside like dust etc. (without using Liquid or cloth you can use dry tooth brush (new one)) and then it will work fine

customman

Honorable
Nov 13, 2013

Yes, I've checked my bios and its on the version A11 and yes the issue happens when i perform a proper shutdown and removing the wall adapter (no battery connected to my laptop) .

customman

Honorable
Nov 13, 2013

I'll give that a try. and yes i did clean my laptop as the fan was filled with dust.

customman

Honorable
Nov 13, 2013

I've run the diagnostic and I've edited my post with the error code. Right now i dont have any extra Hard drive for laptops. but maybe the diagnostic result might help determine if its really a hard drive failure.

D JAY Cva

Estimable
Feb 12, 2015

its the hdd .. you need to replace it..

TRENDING THREADS