Issues with PDF files

highstandardz

Estimable
Oct 15, 2014
Hello, I have had some issues with the internet and opening PDF files and would like some help or advice.

When I am researching things and it opens up a PDF file, it takes about a hundred clicks to go back to the original search.

My computer came with Windows 8.1 and I used Internet Explorer and Firefox with the same issue. I then reverted my computer to Windows 7 for some other reasons and it still does the same thing. I have replaced the hard drive with a new one and it still does it. I am getting sick of clicking a link for a PDF (such as a manual, or install guide) and I have to click back for a hundred times just to get back to my search.

Can anyone help with this issue?

Solution
It sounds like you are not making use of "tabbed browsing".

Instead of left-clicking a link on the search results page, right-click on the link and choose "Open in new tab" (IE) or
"Open link in new tab" (Firefox).

Then, when you want to go back to the search results page, just click on it's tab. No waiting time, it comes straight up.

JeckeL

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2009

I would recommend using ctrl+click or clicking the middle mouse button on links which opens it in a new tab, that way once your done you can just close the new tab that was open and the original tab with the search results will still be there

It sounds like you are not making use of "tabbed browsing".

Instead of left-clicking a link on the search results page, right-click on the link and choose "Open in new tab" (IE) or
"Open link in new tab" (Firefox).

Then, when you want to go back to the search results page, just click on it's tab. No waiting time, it comes straight up.

Solution

JeckeL

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2009

lol wut... that's exactly what I said :??: