IT student .

Status
Not open for further replies.

norman44

Estimable
Feb 15, 2015
So, my story is the next.

I graduated last year, finished my study and returned home to Belarus. Now day after day,one project after one project, write automated tests for my PHP codes which the best practice I think. But I feel a bit confused about my career,i want to reach another level of PHP programming, and apply for a job [].

But how?

I want to know what qualities for a super programmer, sup please?

Last edited by a moderator:

Matt Dobe

Estimable
Jan 20, 2015
I am not a programmer but I work in IT managing servers and virtual infrastructures. I wouldn't target one company in hope that you will get there. I spent my time after university applying at game design studios however I never got anything back.

I got my first job by putting my CV and portfolio on several of the job seeking sites. Agencies started contacting me after a while and I mananged to get a job as a support engineer 3 years ago when I was 20. It is luck of the draw but start small. That is my biggest piece of advice.

You need some experience in the field (even at a junior level) to progress and know your knowledge in a business environment. You will grow very quickly and soon you will find after a year you can find higher paid work much easier.

Employers are looking for experience these days (even more than degrees in a lot of job fields).

Put your CV out there and give anything a thought, even if you do land a role at a small software development company, there will be massive potential to move onto bigger things in a few years! :)

Best of luck.

Ali Kazmi

Estimable
Mar 25, 2015
This is truly good to know about your story, I hope you must get good grade in your graduation,To become a super programmer it's not a big deal, but it takes time to become a best programmer, If you are worried about your career, and you have somehow knowledge in programming like PHP or WordPress. You can do this work freelance and tested your skills. When you earning hourly in good rates then you apply any sorts of company, And they will ask for you How much experience you have and checked your freelance portfolio.

Status
Not open for further replies.