Itunes-Finding All My Stuff

mc962

Honorable
Jul 18, 2013
My Itunes library has been backed up/moved through several computers over the years, and since Itunes these days likes to store everything in folders it's a bit difficult to go to every folder when I want to see all my songs in one nice neat place. Adding to that, when some of my backups got a little messed up, my Itunes folder is a little messy. I've managed to set Itunes so that it finds all my music somehow, but I'm not really sure where exactly everything is as it's scattered over several subfolders in the Itunes folder

My question: is there any way to consolidate everything into one nice easy song list (aka a list of audio files kind of like you would see on a CD instead of all those annoying folders)? That way I could just copy and paste to my backup drive and not have to pray every time that my mess of an Itunes folder has some problem later on

From my experience iTunes 'interface' is supposed to solve that, IF you don't look 'under the hood' (actually look at the folders and files yourself via Windows Explorer). If you want 'nice and neat' files and folders (forget that it is music files) then iTunes does NOT do that job and you have to remove iTunes never use it again and use something like MediaMonkey to 'organize' the files and folders the way you want. It also catalogs the music, but it won't do all the stuff iTunes does (online store, backup your items to a online music library, etc.).