News I've been a Samsung user for years — here's why I switched to iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

derek880

Honorable
Sep 22, 2017
These why-I switched-to-iPhone-from-Android articles are becoming more and more disingenuous with each write-up. If you have been using the Chrome browser on ANY computer or phone, you've had the ability to hand off browsing sessions for quite some time, with almost any phone. I have a Samsung S22 Ultra phone and a Samsung Tab S7+ tablet, and I get notifications on my Samsung Tab S7+ whenever I get a new text message, phone call, or email. The ability to link it all is right there on the phone. Samsung has had this implemented for some time as well. I don't know whether this was just click-bait or what, but the author is describing parts of the Samsung environment that has been a standard part of it for some time now. It's not something new to the iPhone or that is only implemented by Apple users. I would rather that iPhone people say they really want an iPhone rather than waste time and space trying to constantly point out to us why an iPhone needs to be what we use. I use an iPhone for work, and to be honest there is very little difference from today's iPhone compared with an old iPhone 4. It's time to stop pretending that iPhones are innovative. They aren't. Nothing new has happened on that front in years outside of a new camera. There is very little if anything that my iPhone can do that my Samsung phone and tablet doesn't do as well or better. There is no "different level". There's been almost no innovation in years on the iPhone level, yet Samsung has phones with an S-Pen, that fold, and that flip. If I'm spending over $1000, I want to at least see something new instead of forcing myself to explain why my iPhone is "better".

Reactions: jpgaubier
Aug 6, 2023
These why-I switched-to-iPhone-from-Android articles are becoming more and more disingenuous with each write-up. If you have been using the Chrome browser on ANY computer or phone, you've had the ability to hand off browsing sessions for quite some time, with almost any phone. I have a Samsung S22 Ultra phone and a Samsung Tab S7+ tablet, and I get notifications on my Samsung Tab S7+ whenever I get a new text message, phone call, or email. The ability to link it all is right there on the phone. Samsung has had this implemented for some time as well. I don't know whether this was just click-bait or what, but the author is describing parts of the Samsung environment that has been a standard part of it for some time now. It's not something new to the iPhone or that is only implemented by Apple users. I would rather that iPhone people say they really want an iPhone rather than waste time and space trying to constantly point out to us why an iPhone needs to be what we use. I use an iPhone for work, and to be honest there is very little difference from today's iPhone compared with an old iPhone 4. It's time to stop pretending that iPhones are innovative. They aren't. Nothing new has happened on that front in years outside of a new camera. There is very little if anything that my iPhone can do that my Samsung phone and tablet doesn't do as well or better. There is no "different level". There's been almost no innovation in years on the iPhone level, yet Samsung has phones with an S-Pen, that fold, and that flip. If I'm spending over $1000, I want to at least see something new instead of forcing myself to explain why my iPhone is "better".
Agreed. Is Apple offering a bounty for these sorts of junk articles? I wouldn't be surprised. I wonder how much they pay and if it's worth degrading the site brand and author rep for it...

Aug 6, 2023
The uncritical take on Apple's "ecosystem" (actually a monoculture) is disappointing. You want your tech choices limited to the whims and offerings of one company? A secretive, strange, closed off company at that? No thanks. Seamless experiences are available across all devices if you know what you're doing. See Windows Phone Link, for example. Open ecosystems are best.

Bone Datt

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2014
I concur. My Galaxy Note20 Ultra and Dell XPS 13 9300 connects seamlessly every time using link to windows. I send and receive text messages, notifications and I can answer calls on my laptop without needing to reach for my phone. Windows hello also allows me to log in to my laptop either via fingerprint or iris scanning. It's OK if the writer just wanted a different laptop, but to say there aren't seamless options or sustainable laptops other than those in the Apple ecosystem, was a bit disingenuous.

Reactions: jpgaubier
Aug 8, 2023
Samsung makes laptops .. it would’ve completed your ecosystem situation. The moment you bought the MacBook, that’s it. All bets are off. Then again, Samsung don’t sell their laptops as globally as their phone handsets.. unlike Apple. Point is, you can make a complete ecosystem with Samsung. Just need to try a bit harder in getting everything.

Aug 7, 2023
Samsung makes laptops .. it would’ve completed your ecosystem situation. The moment you bought the MacBook, that’s it. All bets are off. Then again, Samsung don’t sell their laptops as globally as their phone handsets.. unlike Apple. Point is, you can make a complete ecosystem with Samsung. Just need to try a bit harder in getting everything.
The fact is the Samsung is not locking anyone into an ecosystem. I don't see the need for them to try harder.

Aug 8, 2023
True, they’re not forcing you into their own ecosystem. But just look at the benefits of having a Samsung smartphone together with Galaxy Book 3 Ultra. It’s everything you could do between a Mac and an iPhone plus way more.. it just makes sense really, without locking you in. You can see the types of benefits for having your Samsung phone with the laptop down the page here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/computer...ok3-ultra-16-inch-i9-16gb-1tb-np960xfh-xa2uk/

Status
Not open for further replies.