Since I don't know why you are trying to reset it I am flying blind here, but I would suggest that if you were trying to do the reset and keep all the data that was on the phone, this is why you keep getting stuck. Either that or it is a hardware issue.
If it is something on the device (bad app, virus, malware, etc.) then do the reset that saves your files won't help. You would need to do a full "Hard Reset" which wipes the device and starts it over as it was originally (before you used it).
To see better if it is indeed something on it rather than a hardware issue, you can try starting in "Safe Mode" and see if it will turn on. If it will, then you may be able to remove the problem without a reset. However if it won't start up in that mode, then you are going to need to either do the "Hard Reset" or get it looked at to see if it is hardware.
Note: If costly to fix, then a new phone would be a better option.
To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.
1. First turn off the phone.
2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.
3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.
4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.
To do a "Hard Reset"...
NOTE: Doing this will clear 'all' the data on your phone, so it is suggested you not choose this option unless you have to, or aren't worried about losing anything on the device.
Be sure you back up any data you want to keep, to a computer or cloud account, before doing the reset.
To "Hard Reset" the phone...
1. Make sure that the phone is actually powered off.
2. Remove your SD card, if there is one in the device.
3. Press the "Power" and the "Volume Up" buttons, together, until you see the start-up logo on the screen.
4. Once you can see the logo, release the buttons and allow the device to enter the "System Recovery Mode".
5. Next use "Volume Down" button to get to the "wipe data/factory reset" option.
6. When in recovery mode the "Volume Up" and "Volume Down" buttons are how to can navigate and highlight what option you need.
7. Once you have selected the "wipe data/factory reset", press the "Power" button to select that option.
8. On the following screen, repeatedly press the "Volume Down" button until the "Yes - delete all user data" option is what is selected.
9. Then press the "Power" button to hard reset the phone.
10. If you took your SD card out in step 2, when the device is up and running again, reinsert the SD card.