I've got a Toshiba Satellite 655 that is giving me network adapter 'fits'. Same problem as this guy in that I can't find a dri

whazzupdoc

Commendable
Mar 22, 2016
My notebook is a Toshiba Satellite 655 with a Win7 Ultimate 32bit Operating System. I'm having 1-a-day BSOD. BlueScreenView.exe reports that the CH9100 network adapter (CH9200 USB Ethernet Adapter #7) is the cause. When I run the Windows driver tests this passes with flying colors yet it is flagged as the culprit of the BSOD's I'm having.

Toshiba fails badly in that 1) they don't seem to acknowledge they ever manufactured this C655; 2) there is no update, no reference to this driver. I have also two other network adapters on this notebook but I can't find anything in the way of an update or replacement for them either. They are 1) Atheros AR9285 (Qualcomm Atheros Communications, Inc.) and 2) Qualcomm Atheros AR8152/8158 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20).

I'm not a developer. I hardly know what I'm doing. Can you help?...or point me in an accurate direction?
Thanks from Honduras!
Dr. D (rcn027@gmail.com)