I've had it with Firefox

wiyosaya

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
I have had it with firefox. I am using version 40.1, and they have removed the ability to automatically specify whether or not you want to allow a site to set cookies - i.e., under settings "Accept Cookies from Sites" - "Ask me every time" and then on top of that, all cookies are saved unless you set cookies to be cleared when you close the browser. In other words, users of [censored]fox no longer have the ability to set session only cookies. They persist either until you close firefox, or forever. WTF Mozilla, just WTF????

For a company that claims to be in favor of privacy, they take away your ability to choose how your privacy is enacted???

My apologies for ranting on this, but this is just unacceptable. Firefox has degraded into another POS that has no concern for their user's privacy other than how Firefox wants you to use it. F them. I'm through with Firefox or any variant of it. POS. Pure POS.

wiyosaya

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
Your - "10 seconds on google" reveals what I posted which is - you NOW have only three options for all cookies. There is no longer an option to set permissions on a domain basis. The three options are no cookies, session cookies, or until they expire. This is for ALL cookies. What they have removed is setting the permissions on a domain basis - previously, there was the option "Ask me every time".

But I may have found an add-on that is much better. "Permit Cookies 2".

TRENDING THREADS