Iwata Takes Over Nintendo of America as Projected Earnings Fall Short

Status
Not open for further replies.

bak0n

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
Outside of the original IP they don't have the muscle to keep up with what game developers want. This is already known. I don't see Nintendo as a wise investment choice even with the head start they were given... Maybe I'm wrong, but I won't risk my dollars on it.

therabiddeer

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2008
The fact that the Wii U only sold 390k units from Jan 1st to Mar 31st is a pretty huge sign (that is only 130k per month). Even the PS3 was selling more than 600k/month with its very shaky beginning.

gsxrme

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2009
Who's to blame? Crysis 3 was weeks away from launch and Nintendo denied release and cancelled the game from hitting The WiiU. No one wants to release a game for Nintendo or if they do Nintendo blocks it because its not aimed for their audience correctly. Nintendo is making the same mistake as Sega did with the Dreamcast. Dreamcast compared to the PS2 was a fantastic system but due to software support it ended up folding and going a different direction. Maybe the delay with PSO2 in the US Nintendo and Sega might bring a US release of Phantasy Star Online 2 to WiiU only.

herr terror

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013
Maybe Nintendo should wake up and realize "waiting for your stopped clock to be right again," isn't a great market strategy.

dark_lord69

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2006
"console being "different", not from a lack of titles."
WRONG
Games make the console. You could have the best console ever made but if it only played games no one wants to play, then it just won't sell. On the opposite end, if a console doesn't have the best hardware it can sell like no tomorrow if it has lots of awesome games you can't get on other systems.
Nintendo is getting it all wrong again as they have so many times in the past. I think they need to hire me as a public opinion expert. But at least someone has the correct line of thinking with the idea that better games will boost sales.
Honestly, I want them to give up on making consoles and go the way of Sega and just make games.
Oh, and for the record, a major reason that Sega gave up the Dreamcast was how quickly it was hacked and how easily games could be copied. Game makers don't want to put a game on a system that makes it easy to copy.
No more games = system goes down in flames

tim1935

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
How many times do you look down at your controller away from the main screen while in a gaming session. Almost never, maybe just to find the Start button to pause the game.

FlameRider360

Honorable
Mar 25, 2013
actually its because this time of year noone has any money to spare their either saving for Overses, Going on trips or spending time with family and paying bills or college*

Status
Not open for further replies.