Iwata: Wii U E3 Reveal Confusing; Won't Be Cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.

brain54

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2011
"Likely more than 250$"? If that means around 300$ Then it's VERY cheap. Especially for a new hardware on launch day. This comes with an iPad like device and considering the iPad alone costs 599$ this is VERY cheap.
Though there's really no way to know how much it'll cost.. all the preordering services have fake prices up, but I saw that on www.preorder-wiiu.com you can get emails about the latest updates on this whole preordering rush..

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
Thanks for trying Nintendo, I'm glad you didn't use blu-ray, and I'm glad your still trying. But you have always catered to the 12 and under crowd, every time you get a group attached to your games, you leave them in the dark by the time they hit high school/college. When was the last time you played an M rated game on a Nintendo console?

I think its too little too late to attempt to change your ways. If you would have followed suit with the Wii and made games that catered to teens and young adults, then you could continue the legacy and create games that catered to college age and higher adults with this system without any problems and actually kept your gamer audience instead of forcing them to buy your competitors systems or stop gaming.

Its not even that the Wii was seen as a family system. Its defiant lack of HD in its console design (even though they knew HD was going to be everywhere), along with a lineup of the worst games ever seen by any console far outweighed the few gems that were released. The Wii was targeted at small children, with 5 minute or less attention spans. Because if you played 95% of Wii games for more than 5 minutes, you would want to kill yourself.

Everyone already payed $200-$300 for your last crappy system with a cool controller, I for one will be skipping this. Fool me once....

G

So basically they are betting it all on that controller. Which does not seem all that great for a gamer due to the wear and tear it would receive.

AnUnusedUsername

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2010
Was hoping for a real system from nintendo this time. Another gimmick that sells consoles to those that don't play games doesn't interest me. It'll still make a profit, because the non-gamer market is bigger than the current console market.

dormantreign

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2010
I was more excited before i saw E3. Nintendo fucked themselfs this E3, Hords of Hardcore gamers were waiting to see the new system, and we got a giant pad?,"Thats funny in two ways actauly" I'm even more on the fence with this console now. No backwards compatibility with Gamecube is also sad. Still looks like a pussy system too, odd the look of a console effects how i perceive it but it really does. They should dump the R700 and go above one more step, Also...i'm not sure that this really effects me, maybe in some in-direct way but only 1 "PAD" controller is supported. Bad move i think as well. Microsoft or PS3 needs to jump on this fumble and get a new console announced.

fracture

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
Just because Nintendo showed it one way doesn't mean it's only gonna be that way. They already have all those third party developers for it. Pretty sure they'll bring out a regular 'ol controller to play your Modern Warfare, Battlefield 3, etc.

You guys didn't see that tech demo of Zelda they showed? The controller worked pretty well with it. You have your UI on the controller so the screen is clean with nothing on it.

jimsocks

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2010
maybe it would of been less confusing if they actually released some specs. have no idea how powerful the system actually is.
people would be supporting them alot more if they had announced some specs that blew xbox360 and ps3 out of the water, but instead they keep everything secret, and people are rightfully skeptical.

11796pcs

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
How does a top 3 game company screw up so much on explaining a new system? Did they get any outsiders to give their opinion on the new console- because if they had they would have immediately found out that people were dead confused. You sort of just expect more out of a company that's been doing this stuff for 20 years. Also, this is the amount of games Target stocks for the Wii that are M-rated
http://www.target.com/Nintendo-Wii-M-Rated-Video/b?node=342907011
Yeah- you counted right- 6. Now compare that with 74 for the PS3 and 81 for the XBOX360 and it's no wonder Nintendo isn't keeping older customers.

G

It is like you all are expecting the Wii U to come out tomorrow. We still got about a year. There are going to be changes. I don't think anyone can make a valid opinion about it by just looking at it. We are going to have to wait and see what else is in store for this new console.
Geez, why is it that I'm like the only one on this page who is actually excited for this console.

G

Just because you get older doesn't mean you HAVE to play M rated games.
Im 32 and I love the wii, only 8 of my 50 games are M rated .
To me both the ps3 and the xbox360 offered nothing new, just the same crappy fps shooters that I've played since wolfenstein 3d.

If you judge a system by how pretty the graphics are and how much blood and gore you can get on the screen, then you are missing out on a lot of fantastic games out there.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
[citation][nom]amabhy[/nom]Weird console though. I'm definitely going to wait on this one.[/citation]
I just hope it's good enough to play Crysis...and well, all of the CoDs and BFs.

iam2thecrowe

Distinguished
this is going to be a huge flop. This is the worst thing i have seen from nintendo. I guess you cant knock it till you have tried it, but seriously, im not looking at the tv, then back down at the controller screen and all that BS to play a game. Having a screen in the controller is a majorly stupid idea.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
[citation][nom]ben321[/nom]If you judge a system by how pretty the graphics are and how much blood and gore you can get on the screen, then you are missing out on a lot of fantastic games out there.[/citation]

You're right. Where would the world be today without Gems like "Super Pii Pii Brothers" the urination simulator, "Majestic march" the walking simulator, and

If not for these gems and many many many more just as bad, where would the world be today?

Here are results in page hits for sets of keywords from google

"Worst Wii game" 154,000
"Worst Playstation 3 game" 21,700
"worst 360 game" 30,400

G

Gimmick or not gimmick, it depends on of the viewers eyes, but I`m really looking fordwar to play a FPS were I can use the wii u controler as a sniper view, or playing a FPS (Starcraft please) using the tablet screen as a pointer. Just my thougts, sorry for my bad English.

Marco925

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2008
[citation][nom]komali100[/nom]It is like you all are expecting the Wii U to come out tomorrow. We still got about a year. There are going to be changes. I don't think anyone can make a valid opinion about it by just looking at it. We are going to have to wait and see what else is in store for this new console. Geez, why is it that I'm like the only one on this page who is actually excited for this console.[/citation]
Nahh, count me in, I'm excited too. I enjoy the wii just like i enjoy the Xbox 360, i play different games on both of them, but I play games for fun, not for graphics or horsepower,

Status
Not open for further replies.