James Cameron: Tablets will Push 3D Into Homes

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lucky015

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
[citation][nom]wiyosaya[/nom]Cameron's assessment is divergent from what is happening at movie theaters. Many movie goers are opting for 2D screenings of 3D films. To me, this indicates that people do not see the value in 3D, and would rather pay less for the same film in 2D since 3D adds little to the film. About the only thing that 3D does is drain money from movie goer pockets and infuse that money into the pockets of theaters and movie makers.I find it interesting that people like Cameron and other people who earn a lot of money are consulted like they are experts. Cameron makes good films, but in my opinion, he should stick to film making. His area of expertise is narrow just like that of most other people who have made a ton of money from pursuits that are very narrow. As such, those people are only experts at what they made money at, e.g., Cameron and film making, and not at the broader areas that the media "consults" them on.Personally, I thought the 3D for Avatar was purely bling and added nothing to the film. I am not saying it was not a great film; it was, however, a great story for which 3D does little.[/citation]
Very much agreed, After seeing movies in 3D previously me and others I know refuse to watch anything in 3D and I hope there are no more instances appearing of me not getting to watch a movie because they refuse to screen it in 2D.

I feel the current 3D technology (Perhaps even the entire concept) actually degrades the quality of the movie and I will NOT pay a HIGHER price for the pleasure.

tsnorquist

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
3D is awful for people who need glasses for distance (beyond 3'). Wearing those stupid glasses on top of regular glasses sucks.

I guess one could wear contacts, but for us who don't 2D is our happy place.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
As much as I don't like the 3D fad, smartphones have already started this process. In Japan, glasses-free 3D phones have been marketed since a year ago. In Canada, we'll soon be seeing HTC Evo 3D and LG Optimus 3D hit the market.

elemento911

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2011
I personally am not too keen on the whole 3d thing myself when it comes to movies but I do like the idea of a 3D user interface like what they are doing on the new ViewSonic tabs with Viewscene. That looks like it could be pretty cool. There are so few 3D tabs on the market though right now..The only site I could find that has 'any' info was 3D Tablet and they only list like 2 or 3. I will definitely check out those Viewsonic's though when they are out.

G

-----James Cameron, having fled the euthanasia culture
predicitive programming 'Cleopatra' project after word got out
---continues to serve the capstone EUGENICS agenda elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.