Japan to Get White PlayStation 3 and Larger HDDs

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]festerovic[/nom]If you bought it when it came out, that was $600. Now, buy a ps2 at $100, and a ps1 at a garage sale for $20, and you spent $180 extra LOL. Sony stopped PS2 support on that machine since they didn't think supporting a 10 year old console was really a bullet point anymore. If you already have PS2 games, you probably already have a ps2 anyways, so why is this issue always harped on?And unless you get an SSD, any drive you pick will have minimal load time differences[/citation]
yea 180$ less, plus MUCH more space taken up, MANY more cables to deal with MUCH more electricity used, MUCH more paid in bills, yea rather have the original PS3.

kilorth

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2008
Err, well, 1st of all, the original HDD is a 5400 RPM in the PS3, for 50$ ( CAN here so it's like 20% less in US ) for a 7200 RPM of 250-320GB. And the load time are way faster... for installed game ONLY ( PSN Games, DLC, etc ). If most of the game is on the Blu ray, it won't make much difference, that is true.

Also, you don't need to buy a PS to play PS game, PS2 play PS game. Much more cable? 2? wow big deal. And just put the PS2 on top of something, as I am sure you don't fire it up that much... And more power comsuption? Heck, the PS2 ( even less for PS2 slim ) take way less power to run a game than you big fat PS3.

I can manage HD TV, PS3, PS2 and wii in a really small area, and since you don't do all at the sametime, it won't heat up even if it is clustered.

Simple11

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2009
I have a first gen PS3 as well, the only gripe about I have is the fan is 75% of the PS3 haha. It does get loud, but it doesn't fry like other consoles :D

rollerdisco

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2010
Bring back the original, put a slim PS3 into a original PlayStation case complete with flip up disc cover. HAHA it would sell.

Marco925

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2008
[citation][nom]Belardo[/nom]I want a WHITE PS3...Come'on SONY... Wii has gone from White to black... so WE need white PS3s.[/citation]
So has the Xbox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.