Question JBL Bar 5.1 - Bluetooth Sharing?

Oct 20, 2020
I just got the JBL Bar 5.1 Soundbar System. I am using the Bluetooth connectivity to my Samsung UN55MU6290 TV (the HDMI TVARC stopped working) and my iPhone 12. Both devices paired no problem. The problem has to do with switching between them. If I have my iPhone paired to it, the TV cannot pair to it. I have to urn off the Soundbar, turn off BT on my iPhone, start the TV, Sounbar and then go into the TV settings, sound, BT devices and select the JBL Bar 5.1. What? This is ridiculous. This system supposedly has a Soundshift feature that does this automatically. It doesn't work! Has anyone got this system to seamlessly share BT devices? Thanks in advance for any and all help provided.

Oct 20, 2020
It has to be turned on with the remote. It's off by default so may return to off when you turn the soundbar off.
The workaround is to use optical for the TV.
Thanks for the reply. The Optical Cable doesn’t work either on my Samsung TV. It’s a known problem on the Samsung forums. Now I’m having to fight with Citibank (Costco’s terrible bank replacement to American Express) and Samsung to admit that this a problem, it cannot be repaired and they should honor the extended warranty and give me my money back. I spoke to a Samsung manager and basically told her if they’re not going to help me, I’ll never purchase another Samsung product. I spoke to a Citibank manager and basically told her that if they don’t honor the warranty I paid for, I will no longer use their credit card. No response! No I’ve got to call Costco, and remind them that I’ve been a paying member since 1993 and when American Express was their credit card company, they took back a 3 year old defective computer monitor and gave a bigger and better one for no charge. I guess I’ll have to mention that theirs a new BJ’s now up the street. I guess rewarding customer loyalty is dead and gone in corporate America like so many other things.

TRENDING THREADS