Jedi Mouse Doesn't Require the Force, only Mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

abbadon_34

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2008
Nice first step, essentially a 4 button keyboard at this point with the goal add more keys, then incremental movement like a joystick, precision of a mouse, and then off in the future the real scifi we can compare to a current peripheral

Pailin

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
ahh, gadgets to help one in the training of the Force.

much practice it takes, but so too the rewards reflected are

Good this will be :)

skit75

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
Yoda: "you must unlearn what you know about the mouse and keyboard."

Skywalker: "But, what is in there?"

Yoda: "Only what you take with you"

Skywalker: I'm taking my Emotive EPOC Jedi Mouse to pwnz0r teh n00bz!
Skywalker: "I'm taking my Emotiv

adipose

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
[citation][nom]edilee[/nom]LOL..I'm calling BS on this one. Remember the very first "you talk it types" programs? They absolutely sucked and if you had any type of accent they sucked worse. If they can make a mouse that reads brainwaves don't you think that tech would have been used in much more useful areas.People will just get fatter and lazier if this actually works.[/citation]

Well for those of us with RSI, this could be nice. Doubt it works, though...

welshmousepk

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
im sure the tech is meant for people unable to use a conventional keyboard/mouse setup. ie disabled people, not lazy people.

but they still want as many sales as possible. so calling it a jedi mouse is a good marketing scheme.

victomofreality

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2009
This tech should be fairly mature. OCZ has had one for at least a year and a half that I know of.

http://canadacomputers.com/index.php?do=ShowProduct&cmd=pd&pid=018656&cid=GAM.342.430

From the reviews I've read it's gimmicky and fun but not really a staple. If this works well we're getting to the point of total immersive gaming experience with the mind controlled characters, 3d glasses and eyefinity! What a great time to be a gamer.

the_krasno

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
After this becomes massively used, the average PC user will increase in weight about 5 pounds.

Really, this means the lazy just got lazier.

pythy

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
I wonder how well this device will work if it's applied to medicine such as for people with paralysis or stroke sufferers. I think this will serve more purpose than used for those who just can't be bothered using their hands to guide a mouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.