Jelly Bean OTA Update?

Takachsin

Honorable
Apr 3, 2012
I have an unlocked GSM HSPA Galaxy Nexus I bought from the google store right after the price drop during the Google event, should I have received the jelly bean update already? I have a friend that got his phone last week and it received the OTA update immediately, why has mine not offered it yet? I spam the check for updates and it keeps saying it is up to date at version 4.0.4. We are both on the same AT&T network if that matters.

Solution

Wish I had bought the unlocked nexus, I'm stuck waiting on Verizon because I don't want to root my phone. Luckily for you there's an easy way to force the update.Go to settings,apps, then select the "all apps" tab. Scroll down to Google Services Framework and click on Clear Data then click Force...

iwearthebelt

Honorable
Jul 15, 2012

Wish I had bought the unlocked nexus, I'm stuck waiting on Verizon because I don't want to root my phone. Luckily for you there's an easy way to force the update.Go to settings,apps, then select the "all apps" tab. Scroll down to Google Services Framework and click on Clear Data then click Force Stop. From there go back to check for updates, it should say December 31, 1969. Click on check for updates and the update will appear. Enjoy ( For some reason I had to do it twice when I updated to 4.0.4 but it still worked. If it doesn't work the first time do it again).

Solution

iwearthebelt

Honorable
Jul 15, 2012

Wish I had bought the unlocked nexus, I'm stuck waiting on Verizon because I don't want to root my phone. Luckily for you there's an easy way to force the update.Go to settings,apps, then select the "all apps" tab. Scroll down to Google Services Framework and click on Clear Data then click Force Stop. From there go back to check for updates, it should say December 31, 1969. Click on check for updates and the update will appear. Enjoy ( For some reason I had to do it twice when I updated to 4.0.4 but it still worked. If it doesn't work the first time do it again).

iwearthebelt

Honorable
Jul 15, 2012