Jerk.com Stole Facebook Data, Scammed Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

koss64

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2007
Never heard about this site before, now that I have its entire premise is creepy and disgusting. There is no productive purpose for a site like this, all it is made for is slander. The founder needs to go to prison but if not at least he needs to be sued by even a angry third of the people who have been maligned by this site.

agentbb007

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2006
They grabbed "people's ages, addresses, mobile-phone numbers, email addresses, occupations, schools, employers, license-plate numbers and Twitter, MySpace, LinkedIn and eBay account information".
Ok who are the idiots who post all this stuff online? They kind of deserve to have their identity stolen so hopefully they can learn how to protect their privacy...

wardler

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011
Never heard about this site before, now that I have its entire premise is creepy and disgusting. There is no productive purpose for a site like this, all it is made for is slander. The founder needs to go to prison but if not at least he needs to be sued by even a angry third of the people who have been maligned by this site.
Slander is very specifically spreading information that is false and damaging. There are countless sites with no productive purpose on the internet, although I highly doubt the owner would maintain such a sight if there was no profit involved. As wrong as this site may be in purpose, I heartily disagree that the owner should be slapped in irons to be fed and supervised by taxpayer dollars.
What type of person will visit this site? Are we so very concerned about what that type of person thinks about the way we choose to live our lives that we are willing to shell out cash to deal with them? My initial cause for concern was the mentioning of the FTC who were in all likelyhood working directly under supervision of the Facebook legal team in attempts to make Facebook seem like a safer place to post all of your personal information. Criminals working for criminals against criminals. Another agency of beauracrats vying for power and money. The main purpose of the FTC is the same as any other federal agency: to multiple like a virus. Agent Smith would make a very good head of the FTC.
Who cares about the dummies taking money from other dummies (ie jerk.com)? We should care about the dummies taking money from us (dummies)!

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
correct me if i am wrong but those 4 stalkbook's rules weren't in place at the time jerk.com was caught and were subsequently made after finding out the extent to which jerk.com exploited stalkbooks TOS. and i believe the only reason stalkbook filed a case was because they were angry for being exposed for having absolutely no security or privacy in place and then exploited rather than paid for all this information they openly provided and generally speaking stalkbook management is just angry they didn't get their piece of the pie and are trying to exact revenge by what ever means billions of dollars will pay for.

koss64

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2007
Slander is very specifically spreading information that is false and damaging. There are countless sites with no productive purpose on the internet, although I highly doubt the owner would maintain such a sight if there was no profit involved. As wrong as this site may be in purpose, I heartily disagree that the owner should be slapped in irons to be fed and supervised by taxpayer dollars.
What type of person will visit this site? Are we so very concerned about what that type of person thinks about the way we choose to live our lives that we are willing to shell out cash to deal with them? My initial cause for concern was the mentioning of the FTC who were in all likelyhood working directly under supervision of the Facebook legal team in attempts to make Facebook seem like a safer place to post all of your personal information. Criminals working for criminals against criminals. Another agency of beauracrats vying for power and money. The main purpose of the FTC is the same as any other federal agency: to multiple like a virus. Agent Smith would make a very good head of the FTC.
Who cares about the dummies taking money from other dummies (ie jerk.com)? We should care about the dummies taking money from us (dummies)!

I could care less about the FTC's money changing and their ever extending reach, the government where I am from is steeped in real problems and is too arrogant to care,but I digress. At least someone is doing something about this scummy site that has links to cyberbullying, something not so easily shrugged off.

Status
Not open for further replies.