John Carmack: Video Games Reduce Aggression

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

psg1john

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2007
Will playing Video games was geeky back in the day when i was growing up, but now with everyone having a control its in very day life now...

a9je

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011
Well I agree with the article. In a way video games allow people, well me, to vent out frustration. Playing GTA3 was a great way for me to calm down. Whenever I got angry at someone or something I would sit and go on shooting rampages and get 6 stars and die and then I would realize that whatever I did in real life well basically I would get the same consequences, minus the respawn. Anyway my point is that video games don't make people violent or criminals, because they were already heading that way. People just like to blame someone else rather then themselves.

blubbey

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2010
Sometimes, yeah it does help. Other times, e.g. Alma in Ninja Gaiden Black on Master Ninja..... fml. That is insane.....

Then I turn to exercise to get out game induced frustration. There's nothing like exercising until you make yourself physically sick to get out that pent up frustration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS